• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Solving labour problems

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Solving labour problems

In Nova Scotia, one of the biggest constraints to strawberry crop expansion is a perennial shortage of labour, particularly for harvest. Because of this, I have become interested in the modified plasticulture system of strawberry production. Although it has other advantages it is particularly attractive as a production system because it allows pickers to pick more easily and efficiently. I am wondering if any growers, extensionists, or researchers out there have any other innovative ideas that could ease our picking crisis?

seems most of our solutions in Mb have been to bring in part time workers from Mexico. Hardworking, reliable and efficient.

Other unique ideas have been to approach football teams, cheerleading squads and other high school teams who need cash and enjoy group work, unskilled but trainable and work like demons for a little bit of cash for the common cause.

Not much in the way of other solutions for you, sorry.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.