• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Desiccation of Peas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Desiccation of Peas

When is the optimum time to desiccate peas? In some places my plants are starting to brown off at the bottom.

The only true dessicant registered here in Alberta is Reglone/ Reglone Pro for use on peas. It is generally applied when the bottom and mid area pods have turned tan to yellow color and top pods are pitted and started to turn yellow. Generally the bottom pods will begin to rattle. I sometimes refer to it as the chemical swather as it is applied when someone would be swathing. Dessication does not hasten maturity. What it does do is pull moisture out of the vines to make straight combining easier.

Comment

Will Reglone do anything to eradicate the Canada Thistle and Sow Thistle in the field for next year?

Comment

Reglone will not control thistles of any kind the following year. It does not get into the roots like glyphosate products do. All you are doing is drying out the plant.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.