• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally started peas.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bb, no air on those bins.

Comment

Combined about 80 acres of Canola Pioneer RR 45H28 yesterday, was swathed on Aug 22 was hardly ready, testing between 10.6 in the greener hollows (when swathed) and as low as 8.5 on the rest, but as the day went on it toughened up.

The yeild is huge. Combine says 56, many places in the field is mid to high 60's. It's a dream crop. But because it is no more than ready my poor old 9760 was grunting and shaking all day. Nomally I can combine a 30 ft swath of 40 bpa canola at 4.5 - 5 mph.
      I was 2.5 - 3.5.

I think I will wait a couple of days before I go back in the canola.

gonna be a long one

Comment

I agree canola has to be dry, less than 10%, once to be cured and store safely. Still needs air if warm days. Usually three weeks and a shower or dew rots straw and removes green seed. Adam were on the prairies is this 60bu Canola crop?

Comment

fjlip, I'll make you do some homework,

It's in Brenda Municipality of SW Manitoba.

Planted on pea ground, with 100 lbs of N applied, with 2-3 inches of rain on it in June and 3.5" on July 12 and another 1.5" a week later.

And swathed as close to ripe as I dared.

the sour land on the headlands which most years grow only koshia were even yeilding 32 bpa.

Comment

Adam have you got that thing calibrated properly?????? We never get a canola crop like that here. Peas only doing about 40 little disappointed with that.

Comment

Adam if thats what the RR is doing what are your neighbors with liberty getting. How large of an area has canola like that.

Comment

I agree on calibration. Double check the bins after you are done to compare that combine monitor, then tell us. Our 9600 comes in about or- 5% if we calibrate as moisture changes several times in the day.

Comment

Are other Invigor fields a mess of cleavers like this area? I wonder if some of the neighbors are going to be able to sell this cleaver mix! It's the worst I've seen. Last year local Viterra was blending RR with cleaver loaded Invigor to ship it! I could care less if it yields more, it's worth less!

Comment

We did dome 5440 and its running high 50's I have some H28 beside it i'm thinking might outyield the 5440, but we will see.

Comment

Saskfarmer - 45H28 will yeild as good or better than all liberty canola. Alot of farmers have been hypmotized(sp?) by Bayer. 45h28 hit 60 bus in a few areas last fall as well. Adam there is nothing wrong with your eild monitor, leave it sit for a few days you will be fine.

Comment

No kidding its like dynamite

Comment

First 1/4 of Malt did 90.

Comment

Field i thoght was going to hit forty did not-only a little above 3o,second went close to fifty,third looks like forty-i hope.

Comment

CP i hope thats canola and not barley?

Comment

Neighbors Metcalfe barley 70 plus, only 48lbs and lots of black ends.Tested 12.5%.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...