• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheep Equipment for sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheep Equipment for sale

We have gone from 400 ewes to zero, and we have ALL our sheep equipment for sale. A few items are: Sheep scale; sheep tipping table (for trimming hooves);2 electric docking irons, 2 pneumatic hoof trimmers; 35 claiming pens; wood panels; fence posts, sheep fence; Gallagher and PEL electric fence energizers, 2 Gallagher fence testers; Ritchie 2AA hog waterers and numerous miscellaneous other items. All are priced at half or less than new.
    I will have these things posted on our website soon, email me if you have any questions.

Sorry to hear that you have left the sheep business seedman. Sadly, I think it is a sign of things to come. Where are you located?

The weather this summer has not made things any easier - it is going to be very tough to find hay this fall, let alone deal with the cost of it. $100 hay bales do not pencil out too well.

Cheers,

Comment

We are located in Tilley, Alberta, about 1 hour West of of Med Hat or 20 min East Brooks. It was a hard decision to make, but we were dealing with restructuring a few things on our farm as we were spreading ourselves too thin. Unfortunately, the sheep were the ones that got the axe. I am going to miss the cash flow from the lamb crop. More than a few times they made my land payment when barley was only $1.50/bu. We started our flock with 5 ewes back in 1985. We just tore down all our corrals and pasture fence this summer. Did we make a mistake? Time will tell.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.