• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sheep Equipment for sale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sheep Equipment for sale

We have gone from 400 ewes to zero, and we have ALL our sheep equipment for sale. A few items are: Sheep scale; sheep tipping table (for trimming hooves);2 electric docking irons, 2 pneumatic hoof trimmers; 35 claiming pens; wood panels; fence posts, sheep fence; Gallagher and PEL electric fence energizers, 2 Gallagher fence testers; Ritchie 2AA hog waterers and numerous miscellaneous other items. All are priced at half or less than new.
    I will have these things posted on our website soon, email me if you have any questions.

Sorry to hear that you have left the sheep business seedman. Sadly, I think it is a sign of things to come. Where are you located?

The weather this summer has not made things any easier - it is going to be very tough to find hay this fall, let alone deal with the cost of it. $100 hay bales do not pencil out too well.

Cheers,

Comment

We are located in Tilley, Alberta, about 1 hour West of of Med Hat or 20 min East Brooks. It was a hard decision to make, but we were dealing with restructuring a few things on our farm as we were spreading ourselves too thin. Unfortunately, the sheep were the ones that got the axe. I am going to miss the cash flow from the lamb crop. More than a few times they made my land payment when barley was only $1.50/bu. We started our flock with 5 ewes back in 1985. We just tore down all our corrals and pasture fence this summer. Did we make a mistake? Time will tell.....

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...