• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

pivots

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pivots

We're considering buying a pivot in the next couple of months - does anyone have any comments to make about any of the different brands? Thanks.

Match gallons/acre to your soil intake. Saves laps. More gallons/acre less laps. Most pivot systems are under spec for soil intake.

Comment

I bought a new Valley last year and it's been trouble free. I went with low pressure, hose drops and 1000 gpm. If I had a better pump site I would have looked at the C.A.M.S system to be able to remote control the pivot.

Comment

My first requirement is energy efficiency. Depending on your soil, go for the higher gal. output.(less time) Mine are set up for low pressure with spray nozzle on top and no drop tubes, sprays just beautiful with course plate.(less HP.) Depending on your needs, I select Low profile, with 38' tires.

Comment

I have owned 8 zimmatic pivots for 10 years and they have been pretty well trouble free. I think drop tubes and low pressure are important to save money and waste less to evaporation. I also toured the Zimmatic factory in Lindsay Nebraska and I must say I was quite impressed. 8 zimmatic pivots

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.