• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill 19 mtg Innisfail April 8 7 pm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bill 19 mtg Innisfail April 8 7 pm

Just want to let everyone know about a Bill 19 meeting in Innisfail April 8 (tonight) at 7 pm at the Legion Hall.
    Bill 19 is the Land Assembly Project ACT, which states the Minister/Government can designate large segments/swaths of land for a public project and take it without utilizing the Expropriation ACT, or the Surface Rights ACT.

Even though all their new projects are usually built and paid for by the taxpayer and then turned over/sold to the private corporations - they are deemed "for the public good". If you are familiar with Bill 46 and the AltaLink power-line troubles of the past, you will know this Bill makes things even worse for landowners in Alberta - if that's possible. Please attend if you are able.

This meeting is being put on by the Pine Lake Surface Rights Action Group (a very active group that I tip my hat to), and Minister Jack Hayden will be there to discuss things and answer your questions (and face your wrath - if you wish to let him have it).

Frankly, I think this majority Conservative Government could pass any legislation they want - and most Albertans wouldn't give a rat's a$$.
    We have government (provincial and federally) that reflects this apathy. Now, they are moving full steam ahead with their "globalization agenda" because they basically know citizens won't hold them to the fire and stop them.

Future generations will look back on our apathy and shake their heads.

Sounds like a chance to bring down the banjo Kathy. Are you and the fiddler coming up. Might have to come early and have a tea>>>>>

Comment

Yes, the old man is coming as well.

We will email you our cell phone number and we can try to hook up. I'd like to get there early for a light supper - but we will see how things go.

His band starts playing this week in Botha, next Stettler and the Consort Jamboree. Guess who gets to stay home with the cows? I hope they keep a plug in it, and don't start calving until after the jamboree. Except, your black welsh bull was a little eager and he escaped a couple times, so we may see some black babies sooner than we think.

Comment

How did the meeting go?

Comment

Shoot FS --- I thought for sure that was you over in the corner with your batman suit on....LOL

Meeting was very well attended and some very good points made. The minister seemed genuine but who the heck knows. Still looks like more behind this thing as they are pushing it through way to fast.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.