• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Class Action Party

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Class Action Party

Hay Mr. P ---- What about a big hoedown once we cash our cheques from the Feds... HMQ... LOL Since there are only a couple of cattle producers who have opted out of the suit, we should be able to invite everyone. ABP/CCA, NFU, Alberta Cattle Feeders, and heck --- maybe even Oldtimer and some of the Rcalf boys. They will likely get a piece of this pie as well.

We'll supply --- at a minor discount ---- the rib eye steaks and maybe we can get ABP/CCA to rent Princes Island park in Calgary to hold the thing.

Vagabond can bring the Salmon and we'll see how many folks make the choice over a naturally raised, hormone free rib eye.

Could you start working on booking the venue FS? You have not signed off yet have you?

Big day tomorrow folks. Have a listen to Rutherford in the morning.

Are you saying that something has come out of the class action suit?

Comment

Is everyone over at the ABP/CCA office too busy worrying about the precious checkoff dollars to read the newspaper FS. Or do you think that I am just blowin wind out my ass here on agriville? You know where to read about the progress this class action is making.

Comment

Bring the instruments and jam, Cowboy poetry contest. This could be fun.

Comment

I have no idea of the people over at the ABP/CCA office are worrying about. But thank you for thinking I am somehow that well connected.

And I did find what I believe is the site. Believe it or not I did not have it bookmarked.

http://www.bseclassaction.ca/english/index_en.htm

No mention of anything much. The last entry just says the $6Million the lawyers got from Ridley is going to pay their legal bills.

If you have some hot news why not share it here. Enquiring minds need to know. Come on...spill the beans. How much did we get or did we get anything... maybe the money goes into a fund or something?

Comment

Randy, what are you talking about? I'm not being a smart ass or anything, I just want to know. Now I didn't catch all of Rutherford, but he wasn't talking about this that I heard of. What was supposed to be said?

Comment

I see what you are saying charlie, however, I still don't know if it is worth it. It is interesting to note that I would be locking in a min $10 for 10 bu. I was trying to figure out if buying options would be a better deal but I couldn't get it to pencil out.

Comment

Sorry folks.... the Rutherford interview was set back to Friday at 9:30.

Basically the class action suit is certified. That means that it will either be settled --- or go to court. Once a class action against the feds has been certified; in other words once the feds have exhausted every appeal attempt, they are pretty much screwed.

The only option to settling out of court is a lengthy court battle and an eventual payout.

This is the choice we must give to each of our politicians. Every one of us must approach our MP, or Senator, and let them know what's happening.

Go to the BSE class action site and read some of the documents. I know that they are long, but there are summary pages.

Our discussions yesterday led us mostly away from trying to convince groups like ABP to come on board and more toward reaching the individual producer and passing the word that way. By the time these organisations have meetings to discuss the thing, we could have the government convinced of all the good a settlement could create.

That being said ---- Lori C ---- we could use your help in any way possible. An updated email list or at least a note to all ABP delegates letting them know of the progress being made. How about a couple of sentences on your weekly grass routes page before the newpapers beat you to the punch.

Good luck everyone and let the networking begin.

Comment

Sorry folks --- the interview will be on Friday at 9:30.

The class action has moved to become certified. This basically means that the feds have exhausted every appeal and the case will be either in court ---- with a settlement --- or settled out of court.

Read some of the documents on the BSE class action website when you have time and then take the option to your MP or Senator.

We feel that the best way to approach this is by reaching the producer and not depending on the beef industry organisations to get the word out.

That being said Lori C --- a note on the weekly grass routes page would be nice or a mass email prior to the regular media reaching out and beating ABP to the punch.

Comment

not a clue why that came on here!

Comment

dfarms...dont play coy with WE here at agville...this is a cryptic message sent to the CIA...a random post on the commodity section of Agriville...i am going to painstakingly de-cipher it and show that you are nothing but a James Bond in carharts and boots...

you already HAVE the lamborghini as part of the prairie farmer disguise...

pilpilsner...surely you can see through this thinly veiled charade...the sinister conspiracy that lurks behind...

and although it has been made EVER so clear several times...that vagabonddreamer knows LESS than nothing...i DO know secret agent stuff when i see it!!!!

per....i will bring a guitar and a banjo...do we have a fiddle player?? CPearson will no doubt be the square dance caller...leading we the uneducated and unwashed through the steps and twirls of the dance we call commerce...(get the double entendre pars??)...and with a blush on my cheeks (as incorrigible as i am..lol)...i will high step with parsley before the rest of her agriville suitors has the chance...vs

Comment

Randy, the Alberta Farm paper stated that yes this has been made a class action suit and can move forward. It also stated that the legal wrangling would take about many years to complete.

Any proposed out of court settlement will require ranchers to sign a waiver absolving the Government of any liability from the past, present, and future problems surrounding the BSE crisis. Be careful what you sign.

Comment

I play the banjo too Vagabond. In fact I know a lot of people who balance on the fence between normal and ab who play music ---- HMM.

Any harmonica players out their in Agriville-land

How's that hubby of yours and his fiddle Kathy.

Yes I realise that signing off with the feds will not give us a chance to sue over the FACT that BSE is an individual poisoning rather than a transmissible disease.

But the time thing is definitely what this is all about Kathy. Yes it would take years to get this thing settled in court, and I can not even imagine the number of years it will take to get the world to change their tune on the true cause of BSE.

I'm personally on the edge --- in more than one area of my life LOL. Do you think that I should stop raising cattle the way my banker suggests, or work with Mr. Pallett to put some coin in my jeans and the jeans of every cattle producer who is debating the cattle rearing subject themselves?

Once again, I applaud your standards and the fact that you are standing behind your beliefs on this one Kathy, but I simply cannot afford to do that. And I don't think that many can.

I love this business and only have one life to live out my career. I think??LOL

Maybe this admission of fault by the feds will get more people thinking about the transmission theory in general and more research will be generated into what I too believe is the true cause of BSE.

Comment

ha, ha vega, great to see some humour once in a while!

Comment

If this thing drags out lets have a pre party party. Salmon, Steak, music, prose and conversation with our peers. Looking forward to it.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...