• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ALMA #2

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ALMA #2

Has anyone here seen or heard of anyone who has recieved their second payment under the program as yet?
    Just curious.

Haven't heard a thing.

Comment

No....but producers had a deadline;-0

Comment

Originally it was supposed to be January for the second payment but last I heard early March was the anticipated date of issue. Given the high compliance rate I'm guessing they will have a hard time divvying up the loot.
        What happened to all the cowboys who claimed they weren't going to age verify their calves at any price? I guess it was all talk and in reality their price was pretty low.

Comment

I know of 2 producers for sure that left the industry due to ALMS......they walked their talk! Given the response I got to "when will Albertan consumers be given the info on their beef?", I now relize this is a packer driven intiative....and would not have been as supportive.

Comment

"I now realize this is a packer driven initiative....and would not have been as supportive."

It is called "corporate welfare"...what else? The AB government makes up the shortfall in what the producer should have received.

Elementary..."Watson"...and also sneaky and dishonest.

The government whines, "What else were we supposed to do?"

It is all BULL**** and you guys should recognize that by now.

In the USA, Barack had been musing about disallowing Packers from owning their own cattle or at least restricting the percentage of owned or controlled cattle, to their total throughput.

Alberta should, but wont, consider the same type of legislation. WE don't want to throttle private enterprise...that is the commie way, don'tcha know.

Comment

We're jumping through the same hoops as you guys, but we're doing it for free...............

Comment

Granted, we do get something for our "troubles" here in AB.....but it ticks me off that their will be good margins for age verified beef in export but it will not trickle down...until it really has too!
                I did recieve my cheque today, and although it may not buy much...it is better than a kick in the.....oh yea, we already had that ;-0
                According to George, the program was highly utilized at 95%, thus not as much of a payout as expected. Wonder how accurate the 95% is?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...