• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta Beef Producers are “Twittering”

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta Beef Producers are “Twittering”

To try out a different means of communications, ABP has signed on to Twitter, a website that has taken computer and cell phone users by storm.

Anyone can log-on to the website at www.twitter.com and open a free account. Just follow the instructions and look up “Alberta Beef” to follow us. So far there are only a few “tweets” added. The communications team is hoping to use this means to let people know what to expect in upcoming newsletters, radio spots and meetings. It will also allow us to get information out quickly to those that want it.

Individual Twitter messages are called "Tweets." You only have 140 characters, so you will need to be brief and creative. Once you register at twitter.com, sending a Tweet is as simple as typing in your message and clicking update.

You can sign up to see someone's Tweets and they can sign up to see yours. This is called "Following."

"@replies" allow you to reply to someone's Tweet and all of your followers will see it too. It is like hitting "Reply All" in your email.

A "Retweet" forwards a message on to others, like forwarding an email.

"Direct messages" are messages sent directly to a fellow Twitter user. Nobody else will see them.

You can Twitter on your phone too. There are a number of programs available for download.

that's definitely a big step forward for cattle producers. who needs markets when you can twitter?

Comment

I'ma assuming that was sarcasm....although it's tough to tell with words only.

Twittering is something that takes a few minutes out of a week to post information. It's not for everyone, I understand that. I thought I would make the previous post for anyone interested. Lots of media and newsrooms are using it to get information from industry in an up-to-the minute message. I don't expect everyone to jump on board - but it's here for anyone who wants it.

Comment

Had to open the post just to see if the title was a bit short.... "Twittering what" LOL

Any chance that ABP is gonna just "twitter" or get with the Class Action boys and put some cash in our pockets?

Sorry loric --- I know you are doing ur best to communicate. We just need some good news communicated for a change.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...