• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Animal Planet

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Animal Planet

I was watching animal planet with my son the other day and saw a disturbing commercial. It was telling people to eat less beef because of how bad cattle are to the environment. That is the more cattle there are, the more methane there is produced. Honestly, this is just what we need. If my son wasn't such an animal lover, that station would be off my satelite!

There was a show on Discovery channel a few days ago that showed how some people went to Greenland and rolled out 2 Acres of white tarp to see if they could stop the glaciers from melting too fast.

They did it in the summer time on some very sunny days and it did actually slow down the melting of those 2 acres.

Maybe next summer they will try a big umbrella.

Comment

What really ticks me off about this cows and methane thing is the fact that the number of cattle in North America today are pretty much exactly replacing the number of wild bison that were here before this country was settled.

Basically the North American continent has the same number of cud chewing bovines that it has had for hundreds of thousands of years.

Nothing has changed, except for maybe a few million gas burning vehicles and a couple of hundred coal fired power plants, and a few thousand jet airplanes in the sky at any given moment, and thousands of factories, and three hundred and forty million people who've all had beans for dinner.

So don't blame the poor cow. She didn't do it.

Comment

Supposedly another study suggested that grain fed cattle actually produced less "green house gas" than grass fed.....so we should have a lower carbon foot print than buffalo of the past >....(cow with horns)

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...
        X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
        You agree to our and by clicking I agree.