• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help

I am using windows xp. The main sesktop window keeps growing. The bottom taskbar buttons are disappearing along with the side slide and arrows. Have gone into "settings" and tried and have also tried the moniter adjusting buttons. Any help or suggestions?

Thanks!

Have you tryed pressing the F11 key?

Comment

F11 doesn't help,but thanks.

Comment

Wade: Top right of your screen, you will see minus sign - (minimize)and then the little square (maximize) and then the X. Press the maximize square, this will toggle it so that you get one square supermposed on another (restore). The screen will now be smaller. Catch each side with the cursor (pointer) until you get a double-headed arrow press the left button down and hold and drag each border, side, bottom and top to the outer boundary line and release. Now everything should be normal. Now leave them that way. When you X out and come back to IE you should have a normal maximized screen.

Comment

If you have screwed up the screen adjustment settings on your monitor they will have to be re-adjusted. Read the manual that came with your computer or monitor on how to do this. It is not hard but it has to be done correctly.

Comment

When I go to "minimize", I resize the screen to match moniter screen size, I close IE. When I reopen IE the window is still in "minimize". If i go to "maximuze" I still have the problem. Have tried doing all of this and restarting the computer also. Should also note that the original window won't fit on screen. The bottom taskbar is too wide. Used to be able to see clock @bottom RH corner but now can't.

Comment

Hi Wade...

What do you have your screen resolution set at? Most XP systems that I have seen work best at 800 X 600 unless you have a humongous size monitor. Some programs don't work well unless one uses 1024 X 768 and others will work with either setting.

I leave mine at 800 X 600 for most applications.

I don't know what else I can say from my first posting but you may have inadvertently set your external monitor settings incorrectly. I strongly suspect this may have occurred.

There are HELP functions with most applications as well as XP's "Help and Support" where you might get further assistance or maybe some other poster on this forum.

Also if you have used F11 function key, you must toggle it again to get out of full screen view. If it is stuck in full screen view your bottom and top bars will disappear.

Your local computer shop may also be able to help.

Comment

Wade: To change your screen resolution...right-click on an open section of your desktop screen/properties/settings and move slider. By default it should read 800 X 600.

Someone may have moved your external monitor settings though...check that first. If the focus is wrong, it must be corrected first. Once the settings are correct you hardly ever need to touch them again.

Comment

I appreciate the help. f11 makes it bigger yet, i didn't think I had changed any settings previously, and have checked the help topics. Will keep trying.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...