• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bold face lie

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bold face lie

I was interested to read my latest letter from the ABP re the challenge to the non-refundable checkoff. Rick Burton states "ABP agrees with BIA (Beef Industry Alliance)that producers should have a choice about the collection and spending of the check-off dollars"
    This appears to be a bold face lie as their actions appear to indicate the opposite. ABP seems hellbent on denying producers that choice. Perhaps we should call their bluff and demand that Special Meetings be called around the Province (it only takes 50 producers in a zone to demand one)where we can demand our right to choose as Mr Burton says he favors. It's too long to wait until next October for action on this.

Ricks speech writers were trying to be cute. Finding 50 motivated producers in this zone wouldn't be too big of a trick. In the mean time we continue to pay the tax. I thought he was going to say if we didn't want to pay the checkoff we could always exit the business.

Comment

maybe he meant you have the choice to like or not like the collection and spending of the checkoff!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...