• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BSE Post

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BSE Post

Heres a post that I stole off the cattletoday website...I thought someone might be interested...

Alberta BSE caused by illegal Ontario Importationþ
    by mc486 on Sat Jan 31, 2009 5:27 pm

My name is Scott Harrison. In the late 1990s a government of Canada facility I worked at in Burlington, Ontario imported BSE bone meal illegally and transported it out west causing the Alberta BSE. This is no joke. If your contact me at eHarry8@hotmail.com I will email you the first 23 pages documenting this and including the transport tags used on the container when the material was first brought illegaly from Ireland to Ontario, Canada. I have much more detailed information. They did this for reasons mentioned in the first two pages of the 23 page document I will send you. I have been trying for several years to contact the farmers of Alberta about this but I did not know how. I only found this forum today. Ridley requested and I sent copies of this information to them several years back. I think they might of used this information to get a better settlement as they seemed very excited by it at the time. I am dying from non-hodgkins lymphoma (terminal cancer) and would like to get this out of the way before I die. I will answer all questions to the best of my ability.

Regards,

S. Harrison

"When a little over two years ago, at the second Lausanne Conference of this group, I threw out, almost as a sort of bitter joke, that there was no hope of ever again having decent money, unless we took from government the monopoly of issuing money and handed it over to private industry, I took it only half seriously. But the suggestion proved extraordinarily fertile. Following it up I discovered that I had opened a possibility which in two thousand years no single economist had ever studied. There were quite a number of people who have since taken it up and we have devoted a great deal of study and analysis to this possibility.

As a result I am more convinced than ever that if we ever again are going to have a decent money, it will not come from government: it will be issued by private enterprise, because providing the public with good money which it can trust and use can not only be an extremely profitable business; it imposes on the issuer a discipline to which the government has never been and cannot be subject. It is a business which competing enterprise can maintain only if it gives the public as good a money as anybody else.

Now, fully to understand this, we must free ourselves from what is a widespread but basically wrong belief. Under the Gold Standard, or any other metallic standard, the value of money is not really derived from gold. The fact is, that the necessity of redeeming the money they issue in gold, places upon the issuers a discipline which forces them to control the quantity of money in an appropriate manner; I think it is quite as legitimate to say that under a gold standard it is the demand of gold for monetary purposes which determines that value of gold, as the common belief that the value which gold has in other uses determines the value of money. The gold standard is the only method we have yet found to place a discipline on government, and government will behave reasonably only if it is forced to do so.

I am afraid I am convinced that the hope of ever again placing on government this discipline is gone..."

"[A lecture delivered at the Gold and Monetary Conference, New Orleans, November 10, 1977. It made its first appearance in print in the Journal of Libertarian Studies, Volume 3, Number 1.]"

VERY INTERESTING !!!

Comment

Say that is pretty good. Lets see… The Government of Canada conspired to illegally import bone meal from Ireland to infect Alberta cattle herds with BSE. And here I thought the CIA had secretly broke into Alberta BSE testing labs and exchanged BSE free brain samples with infected samples as punishment for Canada not participating in the Iraq war. I prefer my conspiracy theory, much more believable.

The fact is both the U.S. and Canada were importing live cattle from Britain, at the same time. Those cattle were slaughtered and the SRMs from those animals were distributed as protein supplements to cattle in both countries with cross border trade in protein all the while. And at the same time, even after imports of live cattle from the UK were stopped, both countries continued to import animal based protein from the UK; even while it recognized that there was a problem in that country. And both countries initiated identical feed ban regulations at the same time, I will not bother to go back and check the dates but it was within days on each other. Not to mention the tremendous numbers of live cattle that moved back and forth between Canada and the U.S. during that period. Meaning the simple fact is both Canada and the U.S. are considered to have identical BSE status because both countries had a harmonized approach to BSE through all those years and the incidence of BSE will be similar in both countries.

In hindsight, and hindsight is 20/20, in hindsight how did we ever think North America would not get BSE? And recent research suggests BSE occurs naturally in a percentage of the cow herd anyway and really those countries that are not finding BSE positives (no need to mention names) are deliberately hiding the facts.

Comment

Thanks for the post Willowcreek. We need to put a little logic back into our regulations. It's time that we challenged the continued spending on BSE and tried to get some deregulation in the industry instead of always adding more. Bone meal is a good supplement for pigs (omnivores) and dogs and cats(carnivores). We need these markets as much as we need Asian markets

Comment

Economics was figured out hundreds of years ago,ever once in a while we have tried to bend those "scientific laws".And then the those laws kick us in the teeth for being dumb.Its the same as throwing a hammer over your head and saying "gravity doesnt exist"and then the hammer lands on your head.Hopefully you die and Darwin wins and your stupid ass gene pool goes the way of the dodo bird.

The consequences of those actions fill the history books.

Right now our own history book is being written.Just turn on your t.v.

Comment

Q:
            My question is... how would transparency be assured while manipulation by the many huge entities be prevented...?
            A:
            Have real Conservatives in government, Tom.

Comment

I e-mailed this fellow and he sent me 23 pages of paperwork...To me anyway, it raises a lot of red flags that point toward "tinfoil hats" and "black helicopters"...

Sawbones- while I agree with you about all the uses for bonemeal- I'm not sure any type deregulation can ever take place as besides there being too many stupid people- there are too many in this world anymore that will do anything to make a buck...GREED over ETHICS- short term gain over long term industry/business viability-- which we've seen with all the purposely tainted and dangerous imports from Asia- and what has occurred in the Banking/Financial sector of the world that has caused the current economic crisis...Both have proven they can't operate without strict laws and a policeman/babysitter looking over their shoulder...

Comment

I have even a better idea Tom, give the printing press to the farmers, they at least will spend the money at the grass roots and build money from the bottom up.

This top down stuff does not seem to be working.

However I am sure when Flaherty visited the banks on the last day he asked "is 125 billion enough?" For now?"

Comment

I attended an agriculture 2009 outlook meeting this past week put on by an entertaining economics educated man. He placed the full blame for our present world meltdown on bankers and greed. (Someone above just killed off a high percentage of people with a huge bag of hammers they threw in the air). This economist went on to explain that consumer confidence is at its lowest level since 1929. According to his charts the average recession lasts 3.2 years, but it took to 1954 before the DOW finally rose past pre crash 1929 levels. Fear (consumer confidence)curtained investment for a whole generation of people, because those kids saw what the 1929 crash did to their parents. I'm hoping that this is what happens this time around. Whatever happened to the concept of pay as you go, if you haven't got the money in your pocket you do not need it, and if you haven't paid for it,you don't own it?

Comment

People always seem to forget about an important fact of 1929.

The gold standard was in place.
                    Gold was 20 dollars an ounce.
                    Roosevelt came in and confiscated it.Can you believe that?
                    At the stroke of pen he revalued gold to thirty five dollars an ounce.
                    Why?
                    To wipe 75% of the liabilities off the balance sheet.
                    Now you know the rest of the story.
                    I'm cottonpicken.
                    Goodday!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.