• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why We Need M-COOL

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why We Need M-COOL

One of the reasons we need M-COOL- for both Canada and the US- and the ability to promote our own product instead of generic beef- is so vital...

The handwriting is on the wall....Too bad so many Canadians don't seem to want to see it.....

{Industry News - AM
    JBS S.A. to enter feedlot business in Argentina: report

By Tom Johnston on 1/16/2009

Brazilian beef giant JBS S.A. is entering the feedlot business in Argentina, a land better known for grass-fed steaks, as the country tries to beef up production, according to Dow Jones.

Jorge Bowie, director of the JBS Swift Argentina division, one of Argentina's largest beef exporters, is quoted as saying the company is exploring the option as a possible way to secure a more stable supply.

The effort comes as Buenos Aires strives to boost feedlot use to increase beef production in preparation of a possible supply reduction in the near future.

Rising beef prices in Argentina, home of the highest per capita beef consumption rate in the world, also have helped spur a shift from grass-fed to grain-fed production. In a few years, some 90 percent of the country's cattle will pass through feedlots, Ricardo Echegaray, former head of the national trade office ONCCA, told Dow Jones. Currently, about a third of cattle slaughtered in Argentina go through feedlots.

JBS also owns a 150,000-head feedlot in Sao Paulo, Brazil. Through the acquisition of Smithfield Beef Group it also owns Five Rivers Ranch Cattle Feeding, which has the capacity to feed more than 800,000 head of cattle at once on operations in Colorado, Idaho, Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas.}

We have our own bit of subsidization going on here.
    Would you buy crop insurance if you had to pay the whole bill?
    Would you buy as much fertilizer without the crop insurance backstop?
    Wouldnt this cause fert be cheaper?

Subsidies cause a domino effect that mess up the whole market.

We need a global level playing field in all the markets,and tell the governments of the world to piss off.

Comment

C.P.;

Crop Insurance... this has increased on our farm... to over 10% of gross revenue... OUR portion of the premium.

I know there are many growers who have not relyed on it for years... and it is a good example of an income averaging tool... that costs our governments much less than the productivity it creates!

NET gain... in productivity...the much lower cost of produce...a much greater gain to the CDN/Global economy than the premiums & contributions by gov. through production insurance and Safety Nets!

Comment

C.P.;

Without consumers to buy our produce... that pay their bills... in a stable economic reality (which can only be facilitated by good governments...) we have no market... period!

Comment

The potash mine at Esterhazy laid off workers for two weeks because of their routine, planned, once a year maintenance schedule. Repairs. Nothing out of the ordinary. Pars

Comment

Cotton my Sask crop insurance bill is close to $100,000.00 do you honestly think they really subsidise it. Compare to a ND farm under subsidy, Canadian about 50% higher. Coverage better in USA. If Canada would pay my fert down to 1950 prices sure I wouldn't complain either about the price but when their subsidising their own and we have to compete against them with our product come on!

Comment

Pars your wrong that its just shut down due to maintenance sorry, your wrong, part winter maintenance but rest is plain BS.

Comment

Do you read your entire bill?
                I'm pretty sure were subsidized.
                Would you pay it if it was 300,000?

Yes the americano gringo is better off,but that wasnt the point i was trying to make.

Comment

Tom, i dont know how your system works but the experience discount rate made quite a difference this year.

Comment

And Tom i had to re-read your posts several times.

Are you in favour of every country subsidizing for the greater good of its people/global economy?

Or just us and the rest of the good guys?

How does your logic fit with free/fair/open markets?

Comment

Cotton where not really subsidised is what I was trying to get across. On US side of border under subsidization the same program costs $50,000.00 under our system its close to 100,000 and they tell us there subsidising us. In reality Sask crop insurance was set up to make the government money and it still does. When the crap hit the fence in 02 and 04 they showed their first huge loss. What about the other 50 plus years with out such a loss.
                      Simply if the Gov really took my fert to 50% cost then its the same as INDIA AND CHINA.
                      But it doesn't so were sending our product and still screwing our own.

Comment

C.P.;

Our safety net programs are here to make sure we have plenty of cheap food... period.

5 years of premium increases from 2003 to 08... from $30K to $200K for same acreage coverage... less bu/ac than in 03. No losses at all since 2002.

This is not an insurance program. It instead is a stablisation program... just like SF3 has pointed out.

But it (P.I.)is a tax deductable expence... where self insurance is not... so it is clear... the gov. has caught us in the squeeze.

Paying tax on NISA/Stability contributions... what a scam.

Comment

C.P.;

"How does your logic fit with free/fair/open markets?"

NO ONE EVER PROMISED LIFE (or markets... or economies... or anything else) WOULD BE F A I R...!!!

Do you expect to take one ounce of gold... peck of $$$bills... bu of Wheat or Canola... with you when you die?

So you work and slave... to gain WHAT... for WHAT REASON?

ANSWER... to give it all away!

May as well learn how to do this now.. C.P.... get in practice!

The more we learn how to 'give' things away... honestly... the higher and greater the opportunity we will create to 'give' away even more wealth!!!

That is what prosperity is all about in the first place!!! NO HOARDING ALLOWED!!!

Comment

I have family in th know living there, and that's what they say. I specifically asked. Pars

Comment

Dying to see what everyone else thinks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.