• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAIS, again

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAIS, again

Simple question(s). How many had taken the cattle equity loss payment back in '04, the one that was supposed to be 50% of what we were to get? What % of that has CAIS clawed back? I'm feeling a little lonesome at 100%, plus administration. Despite the local and provincial AFSC offices telling me not to worry, "the majority of the overpayments have disappeared or have been minimized by Alberta's extra programs", I will start to be charged interest in Jan. They've already held my first AFRPII payment. Any others out there? Just wondering how hard to push this or if I'm really the only one falling through the cracks.

Feel the same way. Waited until near year end, so as numbers were extablished. My CAIS contact assured me they were only paying 50%, so no worries. I asked more than once, I did not want this to be a loan....the cattle operation could not handle another loan......was assured all was good. Low and behold, a little over a year later, all money to be repaid.
    Remember, this Equity Loss program was an Alberta only program, financed by our province, administered by CAIS, and I beleive clawed back by the province...but let's all check that one out.
    Anyone else in this situation, please post and I will forward all to my MLA and AFSC.

Comment

You are correct, it was an Alberta deal. Here's an old article from FCC website. Note the repayment can be taken from "future CAIS and/or govt ag payments". We need to do some more digging for the original propoganda. Maybe we have a legal leg to stand on?
      Flexible options for CAIS overpayments
      by Kevin Hursh

Alberta has introduced a new policy to make it easier for producers in that province to return overpayments from CAIS, the Canadian Agricultural Income Stabilization program.
      Alberta developed an equity loss advance under CAIS to help producers when livestock prices were at record lows during the BSE crisis. With CAIS claims being finalized for 2004, overpayments are being identified.
      Alberta's Agriculture Financial Services Corporation (AFSC) has now introduced more flexible repayment terms. This includes an interest-free period, early payment discounts, and the option of converting the overpayment amount to a long-term, low-interest loan. Alternatively, the overpayment can be recovered with interest when future CAIS and/or government agriculture payments are made.
      AFSC will contact affected individuals to offer repayment options.

Comment

Here's some cold winter nites reading from the auditor general's archives.

www.oag-bvg.gc.ca/internet/English/parl_oag_200705_04_e_17479.html

Comment

I received notification that I had to repay my 2004 equity loss payment on Dec 21,2007. Needless to say all the money had been spent. On the same day I received notification of a reassessment of 2003 and the majority of it was requested as repayment. I have been in contact with AFSC and although the mistakes made by AFSC were acknowledged, I have yet to get those funds credited to my account. To add insult to injury, AFSC changed their method of adjusting CAIS in 2006 to form Agristability and what would have been a substantial cheque became 0 because the the change in equity of a cow no longer was acceptable. It's still acceptable for the feed or anything else that appreciated. Add me to your frustrated list

Comment

They sent me 23 grand 2 weeks before christmas.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...