• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The Canadian Wheat Board, IS IT EXTRACTING A PREMIUM??

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Canadian Wheat Board, IS IT EXTRACTING A PREMIUM??

To thalpenny, and the CWB;

You promised selling barley through you was like buying a call option, and we could cash in on higher prices if they came!

What happened?

I was recently offered $2.75/bu at my bin for 48lb/bu barley, what are the chances of the CWB paying $2.75 this year on #2 feed barley?

None.

Will you even get me $2.00 for my barley through your pool?!!!!

The CWB always has the lowest price on feed wheat. Usually the CWB is at least $.50/bu below market value!!!

To add insult to injury, the CWB discounts these horrendous low prices even further with the new fixed price producer payment options!

What happened to the theory of extracting a premium for us “designated area” fools?

The CWB just changed the spread between #1CWRS 13.5 and #2CWRS straight wheat and lowered the price on the #2 by $8.00/t or over twenty cents a bushel!

Why?

I heard a rumour that low falling numbers were the reason.

But thalpenny and the CWB, what if my #2 falling numbers are fine?

What justifies stealing from those with good quality and giving it to those with poor quality?

This just adds marketing risk to my farm!

This at the same time drops the fixed price contract payments on this #2.

With the CWB you don’t know what you’ve got till it’s gone, and by then it is too late to do anything about it!

Choice is a basic human right that is supposed to be guaranteed by international law!

Marketing Choice for grain farmers is required for our communities to prosper!

The Ontario people recognized these facts and have wheat and barley marketing choice.

…When will we “designated area” serfs reacquire our rights and become part of the human race once again?
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...
X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
You agree to our and by clicking I agree.