• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I took my eyeball home

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I took my eyeball home

Took a cow into the vet yesterday. She was a cancer eye and we decided to take the eye out at pregtesting. We don't normally do this, except in special cases. Normally they are just culled. Sometimes with an exceptional cow we need the genetics from, or other special circumstances, do we attempt this procedure. Most of the time it works, once in a while it doesn't.
    So I took this cow in and the vet informs me I'm taking the eye home. "It's specified risk material. The girls in the front will get you a permit." "What?!"
    Apparently this has been in effect since Jan 1. So I needed a special permit to transport my eyeball home(with additional fees, no doubt), and now I get to hold my eyeball until it is released by CFIA or inspected. Only then can I dispose of it. By inceneration or burial, I assume.
    I understand that the eye has nerve tissue, I do. I understand this must be kept away from my neighbours pigs(if he had any left) and I shouldn't feed that pig back to my cows. But why are we going to all these extremes when 3 of 4 feedmills in BC were either confirmed or suspected of breaking the feed ban with the last BSE case? What the hell are we doing? Who's not doing their job?
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...