• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gateway

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gateway

Anne Dundford of Gateway Marketing was the guest speaker at the Southern Interior Stockmans assoc fall meeting last night. She is an excellent speaker and is of the opinion that COOL is of much greater importance to the Canadian cattle industry than the attention it seems to be getting.

Her presentation included hedging and other various marketing tools (admittedly aimed mainly to the feed lot owners) but still applicable in some manifestation at the cow/calf and producer level.

She indicated that if COOL plays out the way the american's are lobbying...we might be in for a very rough ride in the new year....vs

In my latest Canadian Cattle Buyer, Kevin Grier states that COOL is already costing in excess of $10 million per week to Canadian producers.

Comment

In my latest Canadian Cattle Buyer, Kevin Grier states that COOL is already costing in excess of $10 million per week to Canadian producers.

Comment

I certainly don't understand all of the logistics of WTO rules and reg's, but it seems to me that our side should have had their letters of complaint drawn up and ready to send in the very minute that the US implemented COOL. Everybody knew what it would do to livestock producers from all sectors, so why p__s around waiting for reaction? The 2nd it was announced from South of the border, it should have been countered from the North. JMO.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...