• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Global Warming Is Great

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Global Warming Is Great

Haven't we had a really great November here in Alberta? Do not know about anywhere else but here there was only one or two days where it did not get above freezing.

The ground is still not frozen and I am going to pound posts today or tomorrow. I heard one person say we are going to pay for it later this winter but last winter was pretty good too.

Forecast high today is 37F and tomorrow is better. Cooler after that but no snow.

It's certainly been great to work in and has given cattle a very easy extended grazing period. It's scary how dry it is here though - almost no moisture in the soil going into winter for the second year running. This year we got just enough moisture at exactly the right times to avoid a drought - will we be so lucky next year? I certainly don't fancy the current economics of beef with drought inflated input costs.

Comment

It certainly has been a good stretch. More fencing will happen here next week as well. I would be happy with warm weather until spring and then it could warm up. The pine beetles like the warmth as well unfortunately.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...