• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Montana Hay Prices -$100 Can Per Bale

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Montana Hay Prices -$100 Can Per Bale

Check out:
    http://www.ams.usda.gov/mnreports/bl_gr310.txt

According the Montana Hay Report good quality hay is bringing $115-140 per ton at the stack once you cross the 49th parallel. That translates to $144 to $175 per ton Canadian using a 80 cent dollar or $100 Canadian for a 1300 round bale. Better quality hay brings more.

That easily works out to be $2.30 Canadian or more per cow per day.

I guess that must be linked somehow to a lack of plentiful summer grass? How much would you have to pay to summer your cows in R-Calf land?

Comment

R-calf.....give it a rest already.

Comment

OK W-K, I asked your compadre with the same name - different spelling, and never got an answer. I'll try you instead. How would Montana ranchers take to an influx of Canadian mature cows pasturing in your province every summer so that their calves could circumvent your COOL legislation??
        Farmers_Son seems to be planning to do this.

Comment

We are in a State not a province btw.I know you know that...just kidding with you.
          As for the R-calf rednecks down here I made it clear before that they lost my support long ago.I am afraid though,that they would not go for that maneuver.I doubt that many of those cows would be alive by weaning time.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...