• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB more important than stopping US and EC subsidies!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB more important than stopping US and EC subsidies!

Yesterday I heard an astounding report on the farm news.

Canada had voted against eliminating farm subsidies in the US and Europe because had they voted for this WTO action it would have meant that the CWB pricing needed to become transparent!

These subsidies are the largest and most important factor keeping wheat prices down!

So we are now required to sacrifice the long term health our farms for the CWB.

This is proof that Canadian government policy has expropriated my farm, and my farm is only here for the pleasure of the CWB.

I now demand that the Canadian Government match European subsidies.

I heard Paul Martin talk about 15 billion dollars surplus.

If the Canadian government wants to own the wheat and barley production in the CWB "designated area", then they must pay a fair price for the work we do raising this food for the purposes of Canada.

It is painfully obvious that these purposes do not include a vibrant stable grain production unit within the CWB "designated area".

Tom:
    Believe me when I tell you it will never happen! The Canadian government wants a cheap food policy and they couldn't care less about the peasants growing it. The CWB is a nice place for politicians to get that useless nephew a job plus, I suspect, all kinds of opportunity for graft and corruption. Couple the secret monopoly with the foriegn credit schemes and it's a little gold mine. Do you really believe they care whether you sink or swim?
    It really is time for the people of the west to realize its time to go and leave that whole rotten system called Canada.

Comment

Cowman,

I agree that the subsidy thing equal to the US or Europe will never happen.

The really sad fact is that this is proof that the CWB is not for the benefit of the "designated area" at all, but for the benefit of eastern Canada to retain cheap feed supplies should the be needed, for the supply managed livestock and poultry sectors.

I hope that somehow we can break this PR deception of why the CWB exists today, if the CWB directors could just see how foolish they look to the rest of the world!

There are none so blind as those who will not see!

And the simple issuing of no-cost export licenses to "designated area" grain slaves, like was and is done for Creston B.C. area grain farmers would end this whole issue!

And the Directors could issue them without a change in legislation too, just like a change was not required for Creston B.C. grain farmers for them to receive their no-cost export licenses, just like a legislative change was not required for "designated area" multi-national and local feed milling co's to get their own no-cost export licenses!

What is happening is wrong, and the CWB directors should know it now, if they didn't before!

Comment

Tom4cwb: I think we have got to lobby our provinicial government into freeing our marketing up through an offset program. Its our only way to test the waters on dual marketing. I think we are losting out on huge opertunties to do better on the grain side. Chas

Comment

Chas,

It is a crime that we must threaten with an offset program.

With the drought, we are now told once again that we have the highest feed grain prices on the planet.

If we in fact do have the highest grain prices, then why can't the CWB issue no-cost export licenses, as anyone using them will just be hurting themselves, and making a better market for those who want to supply the CWB?

This transparency issue really is sick!

When the US grain companies make wheat sales, it is reported daily on internet sites that I go and look at. The prices that these sales are made at are also listed daily.

When I sell Canola, there is no contract I sign saying that the price I sold at is commercially sensitive information that is confedential!

This whole issue is beyond belief and the CWB's excuses make my stomach heave.

Why must our farms be sacrificed for nothing, but CWB theory, pleasure and comfort zone?

Or is there really something sinister that is a much bigger reason that causes the lack of movement on fixing these problems?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.