• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Chuck and Anderson should resign!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Chuck and Anderson should resign!

They have let down their supporters by mishandling this issue, while at the same time screwing up the barley markets and making us look like Laurel and Hardy on the international stage. Had they had a true plebiscite on barley marketing there would have been no issue. They chose not to meet with the CWB and discuss options for their plans. They fired the head of the CWB for no particular reason, other than he was fullfilling the mandate he was given. As it often been said no one is above the law, even the FFJ. If you wish to change things change the law with an open and honest debate . They have managed to divide farmers even more and divert attention from the real problems of transportation, centralization of grain handling and the lack of goverment support for research and marketing. These people lack the ability to build consensus and mediate.

I feel it was a true plebiscite. The results are accurate. It reflected the CWB's own internal polling for the last 10 years.

The CWB refused to even join the panel set up to discuss changes.

If you want the CWB to continue to do a piss poor job of marketing for you, thats your choice.

I want the full opportunity to make my own mistakes, and my own profit.

Comment

Strange words coming from the supporter of an organization where the word compromise doesn't exist. I look forward to the suggested changes as an indication as to how far the CWB is willing to go in providing cash marketing solutions and improved delivery flexibility that will meet the meeds of the 60 plus percent of farmers who want change in the way barley is marketed. The number is the same for evey survey and plebescite in the past several years but the CWB has ignored this.

I also note the CWB own survey results about that farmers still mostly feel the federal government are close to that of their own (page 16 of the full survey results). I might also look at page 30. Fuller details on level of farm support for organizations is on page 5 - 7 of the interview schedule.

http://www.cwb.ca/public/en/farmers/surveys/producer/pdf/interview_062107.pdf

I look forward to the sense of compromise you talk about through the CWB developing barley cash market that satisfy the needs of all farmers and acting in a professional manner in facilating the barley business that was put on the books while their was a hope of an open market.

Comment

Boy the wheat board has done one hell of a job building consensus and relationships with us farmers over the past 60 years, hey Agstar?????

There can't be more than 2 or 3 farmers that aren't happy with the performance of the board right?

Tell us how much this legal action has cost our pool returns this time will you Agstar.

Comment

Agstar77,

I find it ironic that the CWB backed the Malties to get their barley for at least $50M less than what you folks thought a competitive market would yield.

Talk about extracting a premium for buyers from growers.

As Charlie points out, the competitive market has held up the feed wheat and barley market at least $20/t over the last month... which proves a simple fact. Farm gate prices are a easy sell to buyers... they DO pay the extra freight and currency cost when it is demanded of them... the international sales of over 500K of new crop feed barley prove this.

A few months of competitive dicipline has changed the whole feed price structure in western Canada.

This "experiment" has proven far beyond any reasonable doubt, competition does work, and the CWB IS and WAS subsidising the domestic feed users.

Supply management supports the CWB BECAUSE it delivers cheap feed on a silver platter.

Goodale and Easter should resign... and hang their heads in shame. THEY have destroyed 1000's of grain farmers in western Canada alone... and eastern Canadian grain growers had to compete against the cheap CWB subsidised feed from the western "designated area" or export it.

"Single DEsK" CWB supporters SHOULD know now (as if they didn't before!)they are taking "Designated Area" grain growers money directly out of their bank accounts and giving it to feed users everywhere.

Comment

Just saw the first feed barley bids from domestic buyers after the court decision. Spot values for Lethbridge are down $15 per tonne. Against 9 million tonnes fed domestically, that's $135 million. I guess that's the price of "certainty".

Comment

Figure in also Feed Wheat price being pulled down. The cost is higher. All the while we are burning up out here.

Comment

i chose oats over barley in my rotation, thank god, i feel for the many farmers who grew barley with the prospect of selecting it on a truly open market......to Chuck and Andersen do not quit, stay the course, use whatever means are necessary.....make a deal with the bloc if the NDP and Liberals will not work for western grain farmers...

Comment

Right On Agstar!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...