• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask Ag and Food Confirms what has Been Discussed.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask Ag and Food Confirms what has Been Discussed.

Sask Ag today confirmed what Has been discussed on this web page, The 2007 Crop is shaping up to be a below average crop or just average.
    They had HRS at 29.8, Durum 26.7 oats at 65, Barley 49.7, Canola at 26.2 and Field peas at 31.4.
    Now I agree with most of it, the Two things I challenge are the Canola and Peas.
    The heat cooked these two crops and lots of field reporters are new to Canola and Peas, Lots of new acres were seeded early and probably are taking the heat but most of the later seeded are damaged. Also through my last week travels throughout Sask I would say their probably high by about 2 bushels per acre.
    Peas yes their are a lot of nice crops but a lot of the pods are half full.
    Whats happening in either Manitoba or Alberta.

In Central Alberta where we drowned in spring and early summer we are now also seeing signs of the lack of moisture. Shallow roots and a drying seedbed are meaning the plant can't get all it's needs. I have very good wheat crops but would agree both canola and barley have been hurt by both too much and then too little rain. We probably still have some time before rain is critical but that window is getting smaller. South and east Alberta are already burning up. Only plus from the heat is that it has pushed maturity ahead. Winter wheat harvest by middle of August.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...