• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Old Crop CWB PRO

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Old Crop CWB PRO

The last old crop PRO was March 22 and at that time the CWB dropped the durum estimates a few dolars. Last week the CWB raised the PRO for new crop durum by $13-15/t. Initial payments were raised for old crop. The next old crop PRO isn't scheduled until late June. It all gets very confusing, especially for farmers with old crop in the bin trying to grasp this while listening to a radio while in the field.

Why doesn't the CWB continue to put out an old crop PRO every month through March-July so farmers can make better decisions? It would also help the CPS/#3/Cd Fd offboard/board trade-off that some farmers will be making. A March PRO for old crop is now a month out of date. Would you want to make decisions on canola now based on prices from March 22?

Brenda,

This is just another example of the CWB's either lack of understanding of the domestic market, or worse intentional distortion of marketings of grain within Canada.

My dear tech master got my hardware up and running before it goes to the repair shop while I continue seeding!

We are about 50% done seeding, with 75% that won't germinate without rain! This is zero till too!!!

Seed in the dust and your bins will bust is really really popular now, sure hope it works out this way, the dust storms are going to be wicked if it doesn't rain soon!!!!

Comment

In a previous message in this thread, I asked "Why doesn't the CWB continue to put out an old crop PRO every month through March-July so farmers can make better decisions?"

Someone listened. Instead of waiting until June, a new old crop (and new crop) PRO came out today. Its still not every month, but it is an improvement. Be sure to check them out at the CWB website at www.cwb.ca under Payments.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...