• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CAIS is History for 2008

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CAIS is History for 2008

http://www.agr.gc.ca./pol/grow-croiss/index_e.php?s1=brm-gre

Ministers have agreed to an open and seamless evolution to the new business risk management suite. The new suite replaces the Canadian Agricultural Income Stabilization program with new programs that are more responsive, predictable and bankable for farmers. Further details on program design and how to sign up will be available this fall. The new suite includes:

AgriInvest is a savings account for producers, supported by governments, which provides coverage for small income declines and allows for investments that help mitigate risks or improve market income.

AgriStability provides support when a producer experiences larger farm income losses. The program covers declines of more than 15% in a producer's average income from previous years.

AgriRecovery is a disaster relief framework which provides a coordinated process for federal, provincial and territorial governments to respond rapidly when disasters strike, filling gaps not covered by existing programs.

AgriInsurance is an existing program which includes insurance against production losses for specified perils (weather, pests, disease) and is being expanded to include more commodities.

Sounds like the usual drivel before they announce the actual details which spell out that the program(s) are a piece of crap designed by bureaucrats, lawyers and bankers and will do little for the average farmer/rancher except they will frustrate them even more than the previous program.

Geez, that was a long sentence.

Comment

Good one Willy, I have 0 faith in any gov program. Partially why we left the country. Fancy sounding program names though.

Comment

Well this is a green government I guess, because it sure looks like they are into recycling.

My thoughts:
        AgriInvest - NISA
        AgriStability - CAIS
        AgriRecovery - Ad hoc just like BSE, can we hope for some type of improvement here?
        AgriInsurance - Crop Insurance

Wow

Comment

My thoughts about the new program, AAAA hhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Again new program, the best yet, more confusing, more paperwork, more guessing, more accounting, more meetings, more mushroom fertilizer in general. Chuck/chuck. My t0000000000 cents worth.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...