• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Ed Stelmach Action Figure

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Ed Stelmach Action Figure

Doesn't do anything but if you buy the entire set of PC government action figures you can set up some commitees and study doing something.

Been too quiet quite in here.

If you want to see "action figures", watch them cash their paychecks.

Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Comment

I think you would be better to refer to it as the Ed Stelmach Inaction figure.

Comment

Any comments on Uncle Ed`s stumbling in cowtown?????????

Comment

Calgary feels left out and has elected a liberal in a byelection where the former premier had his seat....so,, they think that the current govt is run by a bunch of farmer hicks......I used to think the former govt had plenty of urban liberals calling themselves conservatives and wanting all the money to go to their back yard.....they are frankly a little too full of their own self importance and of course they had a premier who outwardly favored cowtown and was its former mayor...of course they are goung to whine.....and they willl send their message....I worked on camapigns in Calgary Elbow......is is an old money down town riding taking in Mount Royal and Elbopw Park....it will be hard for them to accept they have no premier anymore, never mind a farmer from the garlic curtain.....I like Ed, hew undoubtledy will make some changes and a little cabinet shuffling will inevitably happen, I wish im the best and will give him a chance!!!!

Comment

Jack Hayden won Stettler/ Drumheller by a huge margin, all other candidates will lose their deposit but that hardly rated 30 seconds in the media today. Calgary has long felt they were the centre of the universe, and had Klein and Lougheed as native sons. They have been in a snit ever since Ed won the leadership, and their mayor being Liberal helped to stir the pot.
            Today when Taft was trumpeting about his win and Mason was trashing Ed, the mayor of Edmonton was singing Ed's praises for getting an agreement with all parties in the Capital Region.

I hope Ed stays the course, this province is about more than sky sc****rs, and the @@## Deerfoot !!!
            Ted Morton nailed it when he said that Calgary isn't much without the surrounding rural areas !!!

Comment

right on copper......while the energy extraction industry pounds the crap out of our infrastructure up here in the North, our roads crumbling and bridges ready to fail, the Calgary libranos whine about their centre of universe shifting.....boo hooooooo, the paper might be written there, but the real wealth is geenrated more so in the north and rural areas including oils sands...geez sounds like a rant against the east.....but as Rod Love said in a interview a million new people have moved into Alberta and that will change the shape of voting to come....bottom line is the media loves to perpetuate a bad news story and they love to portray our current govt as a bunch of rural hicks with shit on our boots....well at times i have lots of shit on my boots and i would mind kikcing some of it on to the butts of these insecure city liberals....and MSM...

Comment

Calgary is trying to distance itself from the COWTOWN label, but of course, they like the economic injection from the Stampede !!
                In my area resource extraction has been taking place for 50 years, and dealing with the on the ground industry isn't have as bad as dealing with one representative from a Calgary office !!

I am afraid Calgary will get a backlash from the rest of the province if they keep up their infantile attitude. If the Stettler/Drumheller result is an indication, the province may well be split rural/urban in the next election which would be non-productive for everyone.

Comment

The Calgary Mayor just may find himself out of a job come election time. I'm not so sure just how happy people are with the posturing going on these days.

It's interesting that Calgary will get $40 million for the storm damage and it was a horrendous storm and it did cause a lot of damage. Yet when that bad hailstorm ripped through here last August there wasn't any mention of any kind of compensation - not enough infrastructure damage I guess. Many of us out here are still waiting to get the damage fixed - 10 months after the storm happened. Much of the damage will never be repaired - at least not in our lifetime as 100 years of tree growth has been wiped out. Not even the carigiana is coming back, so that says a lot.

We might not be as sophisticated as our urban cousins, but we also aren't dumb as dirt either. When will both urban and rural realize they need each other? The cities will only be able to expand out so far, which leaves putting the influx of people in smaller towns where rents/homes aren't as expensive and more readily available.

Comment

i read an editorial in a weekend edition of the Calgary Herald comparing the amount of provincial dollars injected into Calgary, Regina and Winnipeg. Calgary received more than the two other cities combined and the mayor is still whining.
                    I am hearing that Gary Mar is being pressured to run for mayor in Calgary this fall, that could be interesting !
                    The continual pout about few cabinet ministers from Calgary is a joke, there are more from Calgary than there are from Edmonton, but I guess the sopisticated group in Calgary just cannot phathom anyone in rural Alberta having intelligence enough to run the government ! Us country hicks back in the sticks are only good to ensure that the oil and gas riches make it to the plush offices in Calgary.

Comment

It would be interesting to see just how the folks in Calgary are feeling about all this posturing by the mayor. Could it be that now that Mr. Klein isn't giving everything to the favorite child anymore they are breaking their crayons?!?!?

Comment

Unfortunately many rural Albertans are getting fed up with the whining in Calgary and that will only serve to polarize the province which isn't a healthy situation at all.

The LIBERAL pundits on Mike Duffy the other day were saying that the entire country should watch Kevin Taft as he is an up and comer in Alberta !!!!!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...