• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

b-s-e [beef save eating]

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

b-s-e [beef save eating]

well willowcreek came a live again
    he only knows when canada reports a b-s-e case .
    what happend in the u-s-a no reporting of new b s e !
    this one in b-c canada is of normal happening and never ended up in the foodchain ,so our testing is of the best in the world .

Except for the 100's of infected ones that go to slaughter that are not yet showing symptoms or effects...

jerry-- with all the ones you've found do you really believe that their aren't infected ones that have slipped into your foodchain, since you don't test all?

Many down south here would not prefer to have that added risk put into our meat supply-- or at the very least have it labeled to the Country of Origin so we can make the choice....

Comment

Galesburg, ND

CURRENT FERTILIZER PRICES: NH3 $550./TN UREA $440/TN 28-0-0 $300/TN MAP $440/TN 10-34-0 $360/TN 0-0-60 $250/TN 21-0-0-24 $240/TN CASH PAY PRICE

2007 Spring Fertilizer Prices 04/30/2007 8:25:39 AM

UFMC
      2007 SPRING FERTILIZER PRICES

PRODUCT PRICE/LB PRICE/TON

UREA 46-0-0 $0.483 $444.00

NH3 82-0-0 $0.302 $495.00

MAP 11-52-0 $0.460 $478.00

POTASH 0-0-60 $0.221 $265.00

UAN 32-0-0 $0.540 $345.60

UAN 28-0-0 $0.440 $302.40

Comment

You'd much rather eat the hundreds of infected US cows, OT? Does it really matter if its a US infected cow or a Canadian infected cow? <chuckle> You R-Quackers will think of anything to maintain your protectionist crap.

Rod

Comment

I have phoned my MP and also Strahl`s office.

Comment

phoned both offices, they will get back to me.
            Makes more sense to bitch to them than everybody at the coffee shop.

Comment

Excellent I too have phoned my MP Not Useless Ralph Goodale but a Conservitive MP and my MLA not a useless NDP but a Saskparty MLA.

I hope everyone else does the same. This is just plain wrong. Wrong Wrong.

Comment

No matter if we have 1 or 100 in the US- why would we want to take a bunch more and raise the risk factor?-- thats just idiotic.....

Canada needs to test all until they can show their feedban is definitely working. They've already admitted and shown that the old feedban did not work- now they need to try and enforce this new July feedban and see if it will work...

One thing about Canuck BSE- every time the news gets a little dull on the websites, you can count on the bimonthly POST feedban positive to stir things up..LOL

And USDA is saying that could happen for the next 20 years....

Comment

Saskfarmer3,

We simply do not have competition or laws that have any teeth... the US has much stronger legal and precedent that disciplines business and property rights there.

Liberal/NDP theology of tax and grab... plus the colonial treatment of the "outer reaches" of Canada... all add up to the "special treatment" growers... especially grain growers are treated to in the "designated area".

We don't help by sending Left Wing Communists to the CFA that the centralists can use at their beaconed whim to keep us in our place! If the words "Property Rights" are mentioned... their eyes glaze over

It realy is all about the colonial "Command and Control" economy... gov'ts take all they can... and only give back what they feel they must... determined by the ballot box.

What % of the population are grain farmers... and how important are they?

Just think about the negative kickback the Conservatives are hammered with; by reinsituting property rights over the CWB Monopoly in the "Designated Area".

SM5 is taking them to the cleaners... for just being Conservatives and talking about "Property Rights"!

We all should know... monopolies create more monopolies; the base CDN legal system that will allow the CWB/SM5, allows the same concentration in other areas of our AG society.

Consitutionally... Federal Income tax on the individual person never was voted on by the people of Canada and properly enacted, it is technically a federal breach as is the GST...

Simply: a JUdge said the Canadian Gov. "Couldn't" survive without these taxes... and placed them under "Peace, order, and good government" Consitutional Clause as acceptable.

Obviously the majority of Canadians agree... as do the majority of MP's in Ottawa.

Why do you think we don't enforce the "Canadian Bill of Rights"?

My Rant for the day!

Comment

I can't help but wonder what would happen if the US tested all or even as big a percentage of their 'at risk' stuff as Canadians do. Without losing the results.

Comment

Sure, now you guys all of a sudden don't want an open and free market. What is your MP supposed to do? Regulate the inputs market?

Comment

posted May 3, 2007 12:57
                        --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        I can't help but wonder what would happen if the US tested all or even as big a percentage of their 'at risk' stuff as Canadians do. Without losing the results.

-------------

smithy- probably should have been done/should be happening- but as long as you've sold out lock, stock, and barrel to the multinationals, you'all north of the 49th are all small potatoes- and expendable-- and they'll protect their big interests first-- until they get access to and their hands on the cheaper Argentine and Brazilian product...At which time they'll dump us both if things aren't going right!!!

The reason both countries need M-COOL now.........

Comment

WD are you just plain stupid.
                          In a open free market their wouldn't be a difference between one side of the border and the other.
                          Their is something with the Canadian system that's wrong on this one.
                          In a open system I could redirect the truck leaving belleplain to head east instead of south and then just send the check to the guy south instead of local.

Comment

Saskfarmer, thanks for keeping this issue alive.

WD9, Saskfarmer is right in a properly functioning open market prices are allowed to arbitrage. Yet by talking to my dealer earlier, he told me he tried to book all he would need for this spring last fall, his best deal by a long shot was sourcing from a US dealer, who was sourcing from Brandon.But the fert had to be shipped from Brandon to the US then back, but because of some kind of screwy transportation law he couldn't do it.

That's his story, whether it's right or not? who knows?

Irregardless we are being gouged. And WD9 without competitive disciplines the open market looses it's appeal.

As staunch of an advocate for the open market as I am, this NH3 market is giving the open market a black eye.

I know open markets, and the Canadian Fertilizer Industry ain't functioning like one at all.

No, I don't want to regulate the market, but they sure are inviting that outcome by overcharging with no good reason. Wouldn't you agree?

Comment

wd9, You have made a GOOD point with your comment. It is exactly the problem. These guy, agri-business people are all connected, in lots of cases they are major grain companies selling inputs fertilizer etc, and gouging us. These guys are our FRIENDS!
                              What I find that is totally out of wack, is the fact that a farmer organization the cwb, directed and operated by farmers, is in fact being torn apart and dismantled by farmers. All in the name of positive progress, lets turn it all over to the private sector they'll fix things for us, the open market, grain companies, railroads, brokers, machine companies, banks, fuel suppliers, government ag departments, and their research buddies. Just like the breaking up of Co-ops across the country, and deregulation, once the business is up and running, assets are in place, the private sector moves in and scoops up the good stuff, telling us how well they can run the business so much better. Guess what? Service levels drop and prices go up and there isn't a damn thing you can do about it, once its gone, its gone, then let the whinning and sniveling begin. Where is the gov't they should do something about these high prices. You know what they'll do, study the hell out of the problem, for a long, long, long, time, then maybe it will go away or people will lose interest!!! Gouging plain and simple is the order of the day, in this case.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.