• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

International Travel Restrictions?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

International Travel Restrictions?

With over 77% responding there should be tighter international travel restrictions to prevent foot and mouth disease from coming to Canada, why do you feel that 19% of respondents feel there should NOT be tighter international travel restrictions? Thanks to the 129 members who participated to last weeks Agri-ville.com Question of the Week.

Hello from England
    I did not vote in your poll, but if I had I would not have voted for restrictions on international travel.
    1 Our FMD has most probably come from illeagally imported meat.
    2 If FMD could easily be transfered by people travelling between infected and non-infected countries. I think it would have been imposible for us to have been free for over 30yrs, you 50yrs and the US even longer.
    3If restrictions are made too strict people will try to avoid then by other uncontroled ways.
    I am sure there will be lessons to learn from our misfortune but I think international travel is way down the list.
    For my part I intend to make sure my animals cannot come into contact with meat and especially bones from my food
    because we can never be certain of the origin of what we buy. There will always be unscruplous people no matter what restrictions or laws are in place.

So what do you do with the scraps from a take-away???

Could your dog leave a bone where your cattle might lick it??

This could be the way FMD enters Canada if the infected meat never comes into contact with a suseptable animal you cannot get your first case of FMD.

I know the fear FMD brings but I would rather let my son visit England today, provided sensible cleaning disinfecting was done on his return, than give my dog bones.

Regards Ian

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
    • Return to Topic List
    Working...
    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.