• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C-Green Carbon Checks.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C-Green Carbon Checks.

Just getting our C-Green Carbon checks for the years 06-05-04-03 works out to .50 cents an acre for each year in the Black soil zone.
    What is a big disappointment is that in the beginning they were talking 1.00 acre for each years.
    Don't get me wrong the money will be greatly appreciated.
    But we haven't signed up for 07-10 because of the poor return and rules hat one has to follow.
    But to all those Muffin crunchers out their who are bragging about environmental sound practices this is how they pay for it in return.

Still waiting for my cheque but the word out was that if Harper had stayed in Kyota these would have been worth much more than $1 /acre.

Comment

Is that not just a partial payment because not all the carbon credits are sold yet? The deal was that you have given C GREEN the abilitly to sell the credits at whatever price they can get. The amount of acres that are signed up will weigh down the market on the exchange.
      And my hoping is that all the people that signed up for that program get a royal screwing for accepting 4 dollars per ton as a good deal. Some day those acres will be at the saturation point. Some day those credits could be worth 15 or 50 dollars per ton. What is oil worth?
      Think about it what is our grain worth? What is our fertilizer worth? could 2 or 300 dollars per ton be off the mark?
      Sorry sask I hope you get screwed but I still like you.

Comment

Is the environment worth 4 dollars per ton?

Comment

Karmical
          How do you propose that we get more for our credits. Its those granola munchers that talk a good game but don't put their money where their mouth was. Or do I blame the big industrial emitters that feel that's all they were worth. Who knows what they are worth or what they would have paid? That's all they got.
          In the future I believe you are right that credits will be worth more but again I ask how were you going to get anything retroactively

Comment

As well getting screwed on my carbon credits, makes me feel less guily about not shutting of my duramax whenever i stop. and sometimes I drive around "crop checking" with some empty seats I'll have to do something about that.

Comment

To get something now is that all the point? I refuse to go with the credits because really a dollar an acre won't make any difference on my farm. So what if there is 30 and 40 thousand dollar checks being written. Seems to me a lot of farmers think it is just another hand out and they must jump at it.

Comment

just_wondering its easier on your

duramax

to shut it off and than let it idle.

Easier on your environmental concscience as well.

15 years ago yes it was better to let diesels idle but now with these engines
                better to turn off.

The joke around here is you can tell who works in the oil industry beacuse they are the ones who never turn there truck off -gas or diesel.

Comment

CARMichelin
                  Getting a check for $16,000.00 is worth the paper work it took. It was based on what I have been doing for the Last 15 years, Direct seeding.
                  Its not a Govt handout (OK that's what the liberals were working on).

Comment

The whole carbon credit plan is a SCAM on the whole populace.

Comment

Saskfarmer I think you work hard to get the check for 16,000. This carbon credit ussue likely will not dissappear in the future. If you did not take the money now, then in the future you will still have the option to sell the carbon. That is my thinking. The people that buy the carbon on the opposite end of your contract are doing so completely on speculation, so someday they can sell them for what they are really worth. Then again they may also expire worthless.

Comment

Saskfarmer did they tell you how many years you can sell carbon at .4 ton per acre for how many years. Seems to me that question is yet unanswered. Is it 10 , 8 , or 20 years.

Comment

Iam done with them as of midnight on the 31st of 2006 and their will be no more trading on what happend in the past on carbon deposits. 06, 05, 04, 03.
                          Just future trading 07 and on I am waiting to see what will happen.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...