• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canola acres?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

canola acres?

I am thinking 13.5.-14.2 mil/ac at best-- --
    Pea/bly/oats foreward contracts too strong, as well historic high fert prices will cut too far into the extra 1/4 or two that may hav been seeded to canola.
    P.S. Drove hwy #5 yesterday --- not good!

I have to agree with that statement I see less Canola going in every day. As prices drop and enthusiasm is gone, it was their in January, but peas and oats and Barley are replacing that enthusiasm in our area.
    Wheat will be way down in Saskatchewan. Now ab Bio Diesel Program by the feds in spring budget and we would have had 15.

Comment

Also the North in Saskatchewan is Extremely wet. Flooding etc. We are wetter than last spring, seeding will be delayed. Should be seeding peas next Monday but it will be the following Monday. All we could seed is hill tops water still running. So Rotation will be Peas Durum Canola Barley Wheat.

Comment

I cannot even drive my motorcycle in the fields yet. And some of that water on highway 5 is flowing past my yard. The creek flows fast here and not a problem. The problem is the water still running off our fields. Our soil is very saturated.
        Will likely be out there with a tractor trying to make ditches clean out better.
        Most people here are not taking any canola seed back and planting it anyway. I am now very worried about my intended CWSW wheat , will there be a market here for it, too much intended to go into the ground yet. Seems no one else worried about contracts so that is a road to disaster here on feed grain. Stomps mill slowing down some already, some barns closing but not in our area. I have doubts about the bellplain plant even operating next year.

Comment

I am thinking of selling heavily into the CWB daily price contracts.

Comment

Will see the airdrills going next week here in SW MB.

The winter wheat is greening up nicely.

I'm staying pretty close to my tradidional rotation which is 50% Canola/50% cereals.

Of 20 quarters,
            8 quarters RR Canola Pioneer 45H25 and Dekalb 71-45.

2 quarters of Falcon Winter Wheat

the rest is split between AC Metcalf Barley and Glenn Wheat.

Glenn is an American high yielding short straw Red Spring wheat developed by North Dakota State University it has both leaf and stem rust resistance and fusarium resistance.

Technical Abstract: Glenn (Reg. no. CV- , PI 639273), is a hard red spring wheat (Triticum aestivum L.) developed at North Dakota State university and released by the North Dakota Agricultural Experiment Station in July 2005. Glenn was released because it combines a very high level of resistance to Fusarium head blight, with high yield and grain volume, as well as excellent end-use quality for the domestic and export wheat markets.

But in Canada, the pigs will eat it even if the CGC and the CWB won't let humans eat it. STUPID, STUPID STUPID. (We're so far behind we think we're first.)

It should make great ethanol as well.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...
            X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
            You agree to our and by clicking I agree.