• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

water rights

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

water rights

I read an announcement that the Canadian govt. is studying the possibility of selling bulk water to the U.S after Newfoundland made some noise about selling water into the states. So my question is, if this goes, is how long until individual landowners can start selling water? Here in Alberta we have registered our wells, springs etc. and I believe this gives us ownership. The reason I ask is right now we can sell access to this water but not charge for it. I believe selling water by volume would be a lot more profitable. If the governments can export water for cash don't we have the right to sell water too?

You already can as long as you bottle it in containers less than 20 Litres first.

Comment

I know you're right but somehow I don't think the oil rigs would buy it for their drilling mud in 20 liter bottles!

Comment

Why sell it for mud when you can sell it to drink for 2 bucks a litre so that Americans can use their own water to grow lawns in the desert?

Comment

Actually I don't think anyone would want to drink this old dugout water! However it is a pretty good little moneymaker at $1600/ well. I had 10 wells last year. I wonder what others are getting for water from the oil companies? I live in an area that has a pretty good supply of water (Red Deer). I would think in the drier areas the price would go up. Anyone want to share this info?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...
          X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
          You agree to our and by clicking I agree.