• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wheat Industry Targets for 2015

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheat Industry Targets for 2015

Just curious if there is a wheat industry document that provides direction/targets for the future.

I note the canola industries document that targets 15 MMT by 2015. Exports will make up half this or 7.5 MMT. That is about a 50 % improvement from today. Domestic processing will close to double. Specialty oil production is targeted to increase from about 10 % today to 20 % in 2015. There is a plan in place to achieve the production side (acres and yields) that is supported by the industry.

Where is the vision for wheat? I note the CWB publication "Grain Trade Forecast to 2011-12" that was done about 5 years ago. 5 years old and a forecast - not a target for success measures.

I predict by that canola exports will achieve the 7.5 MMT by 2015 proposed by the Canola Council. I also predict that wheat (excluding durum) exports will be less than 7.5 MMT - i.e. Canada will export more canola than wheat. Average annual wheat (excluding durum) exports today are 11 to 12 MMT.

The following is the link to the canola long range plan.

http://www.canola-council.org/PDF/Canolagrowing_great2015final.pdf

Comment

charliep, that is a silly question.

How could the CWB possibly plan long-range fornecasting for wheat, when they are still working on a response to an Aug 1, 2007 barley-outa-the Board environment.

Hand-wringing is an ancient art.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...