• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB, Who do the Board Of Directors work for?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CWB, Who do the Board Of Directors work for?

Vader/Agstar77;

What is this I am hearing?!

CWB Agents claiming "CHEAP" "designated area" multiyear barley contracts, are preventing the planned "choice" transition Aug 1/07 on Barley?

Like 06-07 CWB Malt Barley sales to China that has sucked our pool price down?

So growers in the "designated area" must continue to sell into "CWB induced lower value" pools... at less than the cost of production sales in many cases internationally?!

Vader and Agstar77;

Exactly What contracts have been given to CWB Agents... that prevent Aug 1/07 transition to a market choice environment by causing "losses" for CWB Agents?

I will ask again... how much oustanding barley is on the books on CWB Stock/Inventory domestic feed switches with it's Agents... and who owes whom how many stocks where?

SInce the CWB has known for years "choice" was being asked for by "designated area" Barley Producers... It certainly appears that it is safe to assume CWB has intentionally entered into contracts that "DO NOT Maximise barley growers returns"...!

WHo exactly does the present crop of "single desk" CWB Directors work for?

CWB Agents... or Growers of Barley?

Judging by the PROs for next year, the sales may be at pretty good levels.

With CWB forward sales for delivery in a "choice" environment the CWB should consider a proper hedging strategy on their sales. (Actually, they would have been smart to have done so earlier, but that's another story...)

Would any of the buyers consider converting to basis contracts?
    Alternatively, the CWB could buy futures against a portion of the outstanding book.

Comment

Barley Growers
      test

Comment

Barley Growers
        CWB out to get maltster at Alex!!!!
        Agstar and the rest of the group of Seven.
        What is the deal? Could it be because of there vocal support for choice!!!!
        They won't fill the malt contracts they have with ALex
        Give them a call and ask what they are paying for Malt

Comment

Judging by the pros, the pros don't mean crap this time of year.

Comment

Ok farmers help save Alex, offer your malt to them.

Comment

April 17th I say Pros don't mean crap, April 19th the CWB proves my case even more.

Comment

Agree new crop. Neither the PRO or the EPO will be missed. Will be a need for others (prominent on my upcoming work activities) to do a better job of price reporting and presenting of alternatives.

Old crop is where I might disagree. You may disagree but Canadian barley carryovers will be in the 1.5 to 2 MMT - relatively tight. Given the CWB is likely sold out (or maybe a better work withdrawn from the market)/the PRO reflects the pooled price, farmers can use this market signal in decision making. The decision today is relatively simple - sell feed barley domestically.

Likely should post elsewhere but I note the commitment of the CWB to the value added industry. I take the following quote from the response to the "Barley Market Signals Report", Cereal Grain Value Chain Roundtable.

Quote "The CWB works closely with domestic maltsters to assist in developing offshore markets to maximize malt sales and, therefore, value-added processing in western Canada. The CWB offers forward pricing at world levels for barley of similar quality so our processors can compete with the EU and Australia. The domestic maltsters will run their plants at near-capacity in 2006-07. This is the CWB’s largest malting barley market (at 1.1 million tonnes)."

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.