• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dry Wall

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dry Wall

Can anyone tell me about the toxic effects of putting garbage pieces of drywall in a hole under my garden? I thought it might help out with some calcium correction, but one fellow told me that it is Gypsum, and Gypsum is mined in the same areas as some radioactive compounds.

Any thoughts?

no problem Randy. Your carrots will just glow in the dark!

Comment

See:

http://www.nationalgypsum.com/msds/msds01501.pdf

It does not appear to me that there is any toxic material in standard drywall. After all we live surrounded by the stuff.

It might be easier to just mix in some limestone.

You do not want to breathe the dust from drywall if you can help it as it could cause silicosis but I think that would have to be over a long term.

Comment

RANDY, and what does your garden GROW ???

Comment

Can't remember the first two copper, but the last one about "the little maidens all in a row" - I Like.

Comment

as long as you are only growing veggies, guess we don't need to be concerned. Haven't heard of anyone putting drywall in the garden though !

Should be plenty of soil moisture with all the rain we are getting this AM, hope it doesn't turn to snow !

Comment

With silver bells and cockleshells
              And pretty maids all in a row.

Comment

Thanks for remembering the verse Kato, I can just see Randy out in his garden singing the lyrics !!!

With this rotten weather it is nice to have something to cheer us up, even it if is at Randy's expense !!!

Comment

What do you mean "at Randy's expense" Don't you think that I sing about silver bells and cockle shells Copper?

Actually one of my favorite songs lately has been the Agentina song. You know the one.

"Don't cry for me Argentina - the truth is I never left you. All through my wild days - my mad existance - I kept my promise - Don't keep your distance."

I'm not so mad these days.

Damn are we going to grow some grass this year or what Copper?

Comment

You still humming that tune Randy? Truth is I never left you...
                    Should be having coffee with you today while waiting for my Peonys, Delphiniums and German Iris' to show their pretty faces later this spring and summer.
                    And wave after wave of petunias in the pots along the driveway...
                    Still waitin' fer my phone to ring Randy...
                    Bin a while.
                    Be good.
                    Have a nice day building snowmen all!

Comment

Randy, you never cease to amaze me !! My song for the day is NOT 'singin in the rain" ! You bet we will have some grass this year,cows are pouncing on anything that even looks like it might be a blade of grass.

I have been spending so much time outside the past few days that I am getting to be on a first name basis with flocks of geese, as they fly over each morning !

I am SO looking forward to flower beds, in fact, this year I will have 90 containers of flowers around the yard, including an old stock trough, antique buggy etc.

Thankfully the calves are all doing well, nobody is sick and only a couple left to calve. I promised myself a trip to a SPA as soon as calving is over, but knee deep in barnyard slop is a poor excuse !!!

Good luck calving all, hope the babies stay healthy. Randy, are you considering inviting us to a GARDEN TOUR this summer, we can see first hand how your DRY WALL veggies flourish, and be entertained by your singing at the same time. Ever think of trying out for Nashville Star ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...