• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RECOMMENDATION TO OPTIMIZE THE COMMODITY MARKETING THREAD

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RECOMMENDATION TO OPTIMIZE THE COMMODITY MARKETING THREAD

ATTENTION fellow Agri-Villians, what do you think about a seperate "FARM INPUT" discussion thread, and perhaps more?

What I was thinking is that AGRIVILLE rename the "COMMODITY MARKETING SITE" to something like: "GRAINS,OILSEEDS & SPECIAL CROPS".

And underneath it there would appear three seperate forums such as:

1. COMMODITY MARKETING. Our original discussion thread will be placed here. This is where we will continue to discuss the usual issues related to marketing our grains

2. INPUTS AND AGRONOMIC PRACTICES. This is where we can discuss input costs, seeding, harvesting practices, crop rotations, disease management, storage management, organic management, stored insect pest alerts, tile drainage, seed varieties, etc, etc, etc, etc....

3. FARM BUSINESS MANAGEMENT. Here we can discuss accounting practices, corporate structures, decisions on whether to lease or buy, cost of land, generational transfers, land purchase versus rent, compare mortgage rates between regions and lenders, accounting software, etc, etc, etc.

I limited the discussion threads to just three categories because if you add too many they will become diluted and nobody will want to participate in a low volume thread.

Please provide your ideas. In the meanwhile, I'll send an email to Joedales@farms to be sure he will provide his feed back. Charlie and Lee, please also provide your feedback as well.

Mr. Hin:

I really think you can pick out the threads you would like to participate in... and leave others to express themselves as they wish on others!

I don't understand why you believe a different structure will change things significantly.

What is so offensive about the way we do things now?

THere are other Centres we could go to on Agri-ville now... but we choose not to.

We are doing just fine IMHO...

Comment

Mr Hin, all 3 already exist. If you use the pull down you will see Crop production and forage, Farm Management, and Commodity Marketing.

Create one called "CWB knife fight" and it will clean up the commodity topic!

Comment

Agri-ville is well-trafficked by both readers and contibutors, and there are many reasons for its' success, including its' design.

Both ease and familiarity first come to mind.

Changing success to yield success requires anticipatory skill that often comes from a minset of good will and familiarity/acceptance of wanting to enhance what exists.

Agri-ville management are best suited to refine process, keeping in mind that change, just for the sake of change, benefits no one.

Parsley

Comment

I believe that if we stay on topic, (too many with A.D.D., me included) the system works well.

If you want to bring up another subject start another thread.

Comment

I think I was a little unclear on my original post. What I was trying to say was, often this forum covers many broad subjects other than Commodity Marketing, and we often drift from the original subject matter.

I you look at the stats for the other forums such as "Crop Production" "Farm Management",etc, the participation levels are next to nothing. WHY?

What I was suggesting is for AGRIVILLE to attempt to direct traffic to those sites. Perhaps by directing Grains and Oilseed producers into one area of the site, Beef and Dairy to another site, and for old grumpy know-it-all Parsley to go fly a kite.

Heeeeerrrrs Parsley....

Comment

I wish I looked so good!

I have to give credit where credit is due:
              ...the picture is actually BennyHinn in drag.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...