• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fransico

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fransico

Agriville has been one of the most informative and respected ag websites that I have used in the past. I think it is one of the best ag websites in Canada. There has been a great exchange of information, ideas and opinions in the past. The odd heated debate has kept things nice and lively on this website, but usually people have the sense to keep themselves under control.

Anyway, I'll get to the point. Please don't turn this website into a joke. I for one do not enjoy your non-ag related pictures and hyper-links. Please keep this site clean. It always has been in the past. You are slowing down the site for some users with your wasted nonsense pictures. They are not even that funny to boot.

Lake you have no sense of humour.

That's fine it's a free country, if you want <b>SERIOUS</b> all the time that's your problem not mine,maybe you should spend more time in Church.

If I am really slowing down the site, which I don't think that I am (I check it on dial-up on a regular basis) then it is the folks who run the site who should be asking me to simplify my posts not the self appointed agriville police that you,benny, and a couple of others make yourselves out to be.

The big thing is that Agri-ville is a popular site and like any popular site from time to time the traffic becomes too much for the server to be able to keep up with. I understand that the folks running this site are working on upgrading everything which should make a difference.

Being able to add pictures only improves the site and the discussion. Take a look at the [URL="http://agriville.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewThread.cgi?1175885120 "]corn chart[/URL]
    I posted earlier. It is much, much easier to talk about the corn market with that in front of you.

Yes,I like to joke around now and then. So what? Life is far too short to be <b>SERIOUS</b> all the time.

Comment

It is getting quite pathetic and personal. The recipe for the site to end.

Comment

Hey, I'm not the one that started with the personal cheap shots. They've been coming at me since my very first post. It was a nice friendly welcome to the site.

I ignored them for awhile but as long as they keep flying my way I'll give as good as I get. If they stop so will I.

Comment

I just got out the old stopwatch and did some tests on dial up.

Yahoo home page 23 seconds initial page
          to 30 seconds for full page.

Regina Leader post 60 seconds too text
          143 seconds for full page.

Agri-ville commodity page 25 seconds full page.

My Easter bunny post 14 seconds.

The 'new crop canola' post with no pics 18 seconds.

"Vader's barley ideas" with no pics 15 seconds.

Comment

might not be any complaints if you were pro cwb.

Comment

Gee, you think?

Comment

Your "corn chart" gif did NOT show on by IE6 browser although some of the other gifs did.

I could copy the "corn chart" and paste it in the browser however.

Comment

That might have something to do with your security setting's.

Comment

I have a sense of humor. Trying to be funny does not inherently make you funny.

You are acting like an 8 year old. "He started it!!!!!" "People weren't nice to me......"

Grow up.

Comment

And you're acting like a grumpy old man.

Lighten up.

This site,the markets and the world are not coming to an end because of a few frivolous posting's.

Comment

Fransisco: While IE6 works on most of your gimmicky gifs, Firefox shows all of them. Also the NEW version of Firefox works more reliably.

Quit fighting you guys...spring, she is a com'in and de grass will soon be green. The best time of year IMO.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...