• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watch the US Midwest tonight and tomorrow

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Watch the US Midwest tonight and tomorrow

Hard freeze in winter wheat areas.
    It was 15F to 20F last night. Colder tonight.

www.nws.noaa.gov

Wheat is 10-14 days ahead of normal development. Some areas saw snow Thursday night (6") that laid the 12" wheat flat.

Gonna be an interesting Sunday night. The million dollar question is:

If the wheat is hurt bad enuff what will they plant in its place - corn or beans?

She is really cold just checked at 7:37 am its cold all way down to Oklahoma and their the winter wheat will be headed already.
    Kansas about 1/3 will be headed rest jointing.
    could be interesting morning when markets open next week.

Comment

And so begins the weather market season.

Comment

http://image.weather.com/images/maps/current/actual_los_600x405.jpg

Actual lows in US.

Comment

I hope their ducks have to walk on the ice down there for a while (like ours).

What am I saying? Do I really think our wheat cheques would go higher?

Time for some more coffee.

Comment

Manhattan, Kansas

Hour by hour

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/data/obhistory/KMHK.html

Comment

Last night was the fourth day of freezing temps for much of Kansas, and it ain't over yet. Tonights forcast lows are projected to be the lowest yet, down into the teens (deg F). That amount of sustained cold has drained the residual heat out of the ground. If they do not sustain significant damage, I will be surprised.

Comment

This "global warming" has got to be stopped.

Comment

Willie......is that tongue in cheek?? Could we agree??

Comment

I went to an american chat room and a lot of them said its a disaster.

Their now talking about seeding corn.

Fertilizer might get even more interesting.

Comment

This was a nice crop of wheat.

[URL="http://u15205752.onlinehome-server.com/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=19501&mid=132640#M132640"][/URL]

Comment

Has anyone got a guessimate on number of acres effected?

Comment

Looks like it is pretty general as most of Kansas is expecting highs in the mid 40's today and it was still freezing at 10 am their time this morning.

Comment

I have traveled that corridor from Texas to Winnipeg in April before this year it was more advanced because of the warm march. Damage will be Savior enough. But what will they plow it down and seed my bet soybeans.

Just a guess.

Also the USDA like to tell a certain story to the world that suits their farmers not any one else.

Comment

Holy Smoky i cant wait for the markets to open.

I hate to profit of others misfortunes but i think this is it.

How many of these guys have forward sold and now are going to have to cover.

I wonder what the "number of days supply of grain will fall to".

Am i ever kicking myself for not having 24 hour trading.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.