• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Oilfield question

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oilfield question

Here is an oilfield question for all you knowledgeable folks out there. We have a proposed oilflood project close by using fresh water from the aquifer. We don't want to see it go ahead. If landowners whose land the water pipelines need to cross don't agree with the practice can they refuse pipeline permission? If so what happens will it be arbitrated and forced through anyway? Also some of the landowners have oil wells on their land already that might be converted to injection wells - can they stop this?

You don't have to take a water pipeline. A water pipeline is not an energy pipeline unless it is produced water; that is salt water produced along with oil or gas.

Comment

A little background on my previous post:
      This same agruement was successfully hsed at the Capstone Hearing.

Comment

Thank you cowdog, this is the b@#%%@ grandchild of Capstone we are dealing with (Chamaelo)Same outfit, same crappy practices.

Comment

Grassfarmer, I would suggest that you contact a group near Drayton Valley, the Pembina Agricultural Protective Association. Cliff Whitelock has had numerous dealings with this sort of issue, particularly injection wells.
          Their group was the precursor to forming the West Central Air Shed Society, one of the first in the province.

Comment

Thanks, we have just recently brought the Pembina folks on board. This campaign we are running seems to be getting attention from concerned citizens, organisations across the province. I hear it's being talked of in Government circles too. It looks like the time is right for a show case to end this practice of fresh water injection and we may just be the guinea pigs.

Comment

The work done by the Pembina Ag Protective Association has received attention from the government and industry alike over the years. They deal in fact, not sensationalism and have taken on some pretty large players in industry over the years.

Good luck in this challenge grassfarmer, please keep us posted on how things unfold.

Comment

GrassFarmer There has been a group lobbying for change for many years and I believe it was headed by Don Bester from the Butte Action Committee. As a matter of fact it was him who did all ground work on the Capstone hearing and numerous other Waterfloods in the province. I am not sure whether he his active in this lobby but he sure has fought in the trenchs on this issue.

Comment

Members of our group have spoken to Don Bester, he certainly has some good experience in this field. I hear rumors that the Butte Action group have gone off the rails somewhat - working too closely with the oil companies and being fooled by their propaganda. Don't know if that's true or not.

Comment

I just know that over past years there was always alot of press coverage about this waterflooding and it seemed the group was at the fore front but I have heard the same thing. The whole thing seems absurd to use water to let the oil companies make more money at the expense of water for people. I read in a paper one company made 14 billion profit ,I believe it was Encana when is enough enough.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...
                    X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                    You agree to our and by clicking I agree.