• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

#3 Durum

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

#3 Durum

Just received notification that CWB will not accept the #3 durum I contracted in the C series. My farm is suffering with cash flow problems, why won't they let me sell it? O sorry, I forgot - it's not my grain, it belongs to the Federal Gov't. & it appears the Gov't wants to keep it.

Later......Orm

There are sales for durum right ascross the US border for a good price... $5.98 last Saturday....lots of demand. The CWB is not marketing not even trying, that is clear.

Maybe what durum growers need is a class action suit.
    Parsley

Comment

On the durum,

I would suggest seeing if an American buyer is interested in purchasing the durum, and if they are, then go to your local CWB service rep with the facts of the offer, he, if he is in a good mood, could give you a delivery approval!

Give me a call at 780-922-3476.

We already fixed some of these problems, and the squeeky wheel does get the grease.

Comment

TOM4CWB, what exactly do you mean by "delivery approval" . Is that something new or are you talking about a buy back?

Comment

Vader,

Have a read thru "Is the CWB "Holding up" Durum, and you will see that if this durum can be moved, then the CWB has a statutory obligation to move it.

Bottom line is that if the US buyer offers a reasonable price for this durum, then obviously there is a market for it in world trade.

Therefore the CWB has an obligation to market this durum, as long as the grain handling system has the capacity to move it.

I doubt the CWB will be able to argue that the handling system will be used to capacity right to July 31, 2001.

I will be willing to bet that Prince Rupert will be shut down before July 1st.

Now we return to the statutory obligation of the CWB to market this durum, because it has already been proven there is a market for it.

At this point the CWB has an obligation to take delivery of this durum, this crop year.

I hope this is logical, what do you think Vader?

Comment

An interesting note is that N. African weather has turned drier/hotter and will likely impact yields (see CWB weather report). Not enough to create a substantially better PRO forecast for 2001/02 but likely to create more demand/delivery opportunities for the CWB "D" series durum contract. I suspect you will see some lower protein 1 and 2 CWAD/3CWAD accepted on the next contract.

Comment

Just a note the CWB increased 2001/02 durum pro mainly reflecting the continued deterioration of the N. African crop. North American acres (both sides of border) are also down. Amount taken on the "D" series contracts will be interesting.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.