• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alberta Environment

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alberta Environment

Following on from the powerline thread below, another controversial project in central Alberta has taken an unbelievable twist. Rumor has it that the AB Environ. Coordinator of Oilfield Injection for Central Alberta Groundwater Approvals has been fired. This person has been helpful to those of us fighting a controversial fresh water oilfield injection project in the Rimbey area. By helpful I don't mean leaking information to us or anything untoward, rather just doing their job and ensuring the letter of law is followed. Apparently that isn't good enough for Alberta Environment - you need to be working for the oil companies to keep your job in this department. Of course "budget cuts" get the blame when in reality it is the Government policy of allowing the progress of big business at all costs regardless of the affects on future generations of Albertans.
    Our fight continues.

Fresh water injection should be totally banned. If they want to inject saline water obtained from deep wells...fine, but not fresh water.

There is too much of this fresh water injection going on at present and some that we don't know about as well. I wouldn't trust these oil companies at all. Who is monitoring these companies?

Alberta Environment has been a joke for years...after all Ralphie Klein ran it for a while. He was no guiding light from what I hear.

Comment

hi grassfarmer where did you hear this? How can we confirm this?

Comment

Fact or rumor is this in a newspaper or on media release. The person you describe is the aprroval manager of water diversion??

Comment

Trust me it's true guys, I do not wish to reveal the source of the information on such a public media. It happened though.

Comment

The dept of environment did not renew this persons contract .I beleive she was to sincere in trying to stop this huge waste of fresh water. Became to sympathic to landowners concerns regarding substainable water supplies.Get rid of anyone who is outspoken towards the oil industry's use of this water.

Comment

Exactly, Hayburner, I think it is a disgrace.

Comment

This type of thing sneds a clear message to other employees and contract employees; speak-up against industry and your gone, moved on to another job or given early retirement. New priemer and a new cabinet same old crapping on the landowner.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...
                X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                You agree to our and by clicking I agree.