• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grass Gain Bull Test

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass Gain Bull Test

Anybody intereested in consigning yearling bulls to a grass gain bull test-it would be set up similar to the one Dylan Biggs used to run a few years back.Probably run from May 15-Oct. 1.

Would there be a cost involved?

Comment

Your kidding right-I'm not quite that altruistic.

Comment

Altruistic...dictionary definition.."person with Hereford influence in cowherd.Needs to supplement income."

Comment

Wow, you have a dictionary Willow Kreek?
          maybe in grade 4 they will teach you how to look up words in it.

cswilson, Yes I was kidding - how much is involved in the type of bull test Dylan ran? Is it just a rate of gain on managed pasture? If so how hard do you push them in terms of grass quality and quantity? I will run my yearling bulls with the grass fed steers this summer and maybe use a few as well.

Comment

Ohh I'm just mulling it over in my head if I could get enough interest-they'd be rotationally grazed a paddock or so ahead of the cowherd. WillowGeekyour a funny guy-everybody with four kids needs to supplement income lol.

Comment

Where do these bulls have to be shipped to and how many are you looking at taking in. The cost ?

Comment

E-mail me at braevallivestock@msn.com and let me know what you have-I'd need at least 50 similar type bulls to make it worth while.

Comment

Thanks cw . I have gone back thru some treads and i assumme you are in north Sask. I have to say it is a long haul for our bull calves and the reason I was asking where you are is this calves have been out hard prairie wool grass all winter and to put them on soft northern grass may just not work.

Comment

It seems to work for several thousand yearlings up here every year lol.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...