• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Daylight Savings Time

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daylight Savings Time

Our children are getting ready for the bus and it is still dark. Some days it is really hard to understand the logic of Daylight Savings Time. I found a website that said in Canada Daylight Savings Time is observed in the summer. Well it is still winter here and the clocks have changed.

The kids missed the bus.

I agree. I see no reason why we cannot follow Saskatchewan's lead. It seems the province that is "natures perfect shape" has more the a few things going for it.

Comment

I enjoyed the daylight at 7:00 AM, but now its dark until 8:00 AM. I think the change should revert back to the end of April like it used to be.

Comment

It would appear that we may be able to manipulate the wall clock, but we cannot do the same with our internal clocks. The changes wreak havoc with a number of folks and it can't be easy for them.

Who needs the change?!?!

Comment

I must admit I like the Saskatchewan system of time. I think officially Sask. is on daylight savings time year round. There are some people in Sask. that would like to change along with the rest of the country but I am pretty sure this would put us on double daylight savings for part of the year.
          I,ve lived in places that changed time and I much prefer no change.
          Just as a matter of interest Queensland, Australia doesn,t change.
          (I think I,m right on that). Also as I recall South Australia is a half hour off like Newfoundland.

Comment

Not much point in having daylight until 9:00 PM when there is still snow on the ground and not a heck of a lot a person can do outside except calve cows which don't really care whether its day or night when they decide to do their thing !!

Had the first calf here yesterday, nice black limo heifer calf off a first calf heifer and my new bull. 77 pounds, wasn't expecting that one so she was born out on the straw, not in the shelter !! Lively as heck and the mama is sure a good one, sure doesn't like the dog though !!!

Comment

As person from saskatchewan give me a time change please.
              In regina at 7:00 the suns up boy that would mean 8:00 but in july when the suns up at 4:00 that would be 5:00
              lets change and get on with life.

Comment

Canada is rapidly becoming an extremely urbanized country, and therefore politically popular regulations will become increasingly frustrating for rural farm folks. However, time zones have been politically determined for many years. Recognizing that Greenwich Mean Time(GMT) is the mean (middle) of the first time zone, and there are 24 one hour time zones in 360 degrees, "normal" time may be as follows: 6 hours earlier would be approx. from Kitchener to Winnipeg, 7 hours from west of Winnipeg to approx. Brooks, and 8hours earlier from Brooks to Dawson Creek/Kelowna. These zones would be "meaned"(centered) every 15 degrees from Greenwich.....Bill

Comment

The time change became perminant here in Sask.in the late 60's. We are on Mountain Daylight Time all year round. some people like to call it Central Standard Time but they are mistaken. The real push for time change comes from urbanites wishing more hours of daylight in the evenings.

Comment

The ONLY reason Canada (excluding SK) changed early was to keep up with the neighbours to the South. MR Bush doesn't have to get kids up in the dark, so really what does he care.

Its an illusion that it saves energy. It would make far more sense to turn off some of the lights in the big cities.

Good on Saskatchewan

Comment

What is the energy saving if you turn on the lights an hour early in the morning rather than a hour early in the evening. The only reason is so the office workers can get out an hour early in summer and have an extra hour daylight to golf or what ever they do. If daylight savings is so important lets not change back or lets make the large corporate office people who want daylight saving start work and hour earlier and that way they can get to the golf course and hour early

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...