• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lots of snow!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lots of snow!

Don't know about the rest of you, but we have one hell of a lot of snow...probably more than the last twelve years or so! On top of that it has been a "windy winter" so lots of fun plowing out hay!
    I sure wish this darned global warming would kick in.... in Central Alberta! In fact it has been kind of a cold winter too!
    I sure wish Al Gore or David Suzuki would come up here and give us a hand or at least tell us more about how we will soon be living in the tropics!...I'm ready for it!

Central Alberta !!!!! Try Meadow Lake or Beaverlodge.

Have a good day cowboyman!

Comment

Very little snow here in southern Alberta, and the warm weather is taking care of that in a hurry! 14 expected high today. (Sorry anyone at -15) Good thing, heifers have started. Helped a heifer with a set of twins last night(yawn). She'd a had 'em herself if they weren't tangled up. Everybody doing well now though...time to start mixing milk replacer.

Comment

Cold winter Cowman, come on? Apart from a couple of miserable weeks it's been a pretty mild winter hasn't it? I don't think we have been at -40 once here. We have had good snow certainly - @ 3 feet in total and solid cover since early November here at Rimbey. I'll be quite happy to keep it like this for another month, providing bedding and water for the cows. Calves are keeping nice and warm tucked up inside the cows, don't need man made calf shelters if you calf on grass!

Comment

Well grassfarmer you might be right...I guess when I think about it? January was pretty nice but February was bad(what I saw of it). When I was bellyaching about the snow my son said...Just think of the grass!
          Maybe I just don't like snow...and definitely not wind!
          Talked to a guy from Cold Lake this morning and he said the snow is really heavy up there? A water truck driver two days ago told me they never had much snow at Drumheller.

Comment

We have a fair bit of snow. 2 feet plus on the level.
            As far as grass goes, the snow messed up our January/February pasture plans so we wound up on swaths in December instead of March, but all is well that ends well. Snow grows grass, and grass grows beef.

Comment

I won't be sorry to see the snow leave. We had a wet fall, so should be in good shape moisture wise. It has really seemed like a long winter, not much sun, and like grassfarmer says, not too many really cold snaps.

I have the cows calving later this year, usually started in early February, this year the first ones should arrive in a couple of weeks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...