• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Transfer Site

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transfer Site

The local county claims in the paper that their new garbage transfer site will open at the end of March and will come right in on budget at $5 million dollars! Which really surprizes me because I have a newspaper clipping from last spring where the same spokesman says the cost will be $2 million....oh well whats a few million between friends...reminds me of when they built the new county office with a proposed budget of $2 million...ended up at over $6!...only in government you say!!! LOL
    Anyway I stopped there the other day to toss off some garbage and got talking to the old boy who babysits the place. He told me no way in hell it would open before May 1st! He further went on to tell me that the $5 million price tag was a joke...many things had been skidded over to other departments so the real price wouldn't shock the peasants! Now I have no clue if he knew what he was talking about, but I suspect there probably is something to it! I could tell you stories....

Do you know if the county received some grants from both the feds and the province which may have kept local costs down?

Comment

coppertop: That may very well be. I don't know.
      Anyway it is an impressive state of the art facility and was a necessity.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...
      X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
      You agree to our and by clicking I agree.