• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Roy Rutledge

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roy Rutledge

I was very disappointed to read Roy’s article in a cattle magazine a few months back. He basically ripped grain farmers from one end to the other. The article was poorly written and quite ignorant. Roy made his living off of mixed farmers in our area (in fact got rich of off them). And good for Roy, he is a successful business man. But to write what he did was absolutely ignorant. Grain farmers and ranchers are both in the agriculture industry trying there damnedest to make ends meet. Why does one group feel the need to attack the other? I never did get it.

Roy's will be Roy's.

My apologies to all the other Roy's out there.

Comment

Roy has never let facts ruin a good story-I worked the block at a sale he was auctioneering-he's a funny guy but a brutal auctioneer.

Comment

In Roy's defense...trying to be the auctioneer at a Hereford sale could make anyone look brutal.

Comment

WilIow-Kreek posted Feb 23, 2007 11:17
          --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          In Roy's defense...trying to be the auctioneer at a Hereford sale could make anyone look brutal.

--------
          I don't care what anyone says- that is funny....LOL

And this coming from someone that still has a couple purebred hereford cows left that I bought a trailer load of 98 models...This was because they were $300 cheaper than the angus heifers I bought the same year and I thought I could breed them to good angus bulls and make good black baldy cows out of-- but most have culled themselves by prolapse and cancer eyes or not enough milk....

That may be the true definition of frustration- "an auctioneer at a hereford sale"....LOL

Comment

I laughed. Thank you for that humor Willow. Also thought yours was quite humerous Wilson, not letting facts ruin a good story! We should all take a turn at that once in awhile! Some of us do most days! Have a good day all!

Comment

whiteface-- I grew up with Herefords and the cross we bred back to every few years back then was shorthorn-- loved those old roany cows..Then in the early 50's Dad bought some angus bulls (almost was run out of the country by some neighbors for such a farcical idea at that time)...And now about everything around here is black- seldom see a Hereford...And down here good Shorthornbulls are about impossible to find anymore- not even sure if anyone raises them in the state...

I still have a weak spot in my heart for the old Herefords- but I found the cattle buyers down here aren't near as color blind as those up north-- if its red its $5cwt less, hereford makes it $10-15 less, and if its a roan its about half price.....Gotta be longhorn...

Comment

Willow-Kreek your in over your head here-where did you get it in your peabrain that I was block man at a Hereford sale.

Comment

pee brain - I think we should all reply to the new WillowKreek that way from now on. Then we wouldn't get him mixed up with leaf brain, that other Montana Tree.
                  What are you doing up at that time of day Mr. Wilson. Late Hockey somewhere?
                  I have an excuse for this 5 am post. cowman tracked me down and called looking to buy one of my bulls today at our sale, just before he went off to work to pay the hay bill for his big old cows. LOL
                  Have a great day all - and whitey

Comment

"Then we wouldn't get him mixed up with leaf brain, that other Montana Tree."

Leaf brain? I always thought the other one was more of a sap...

))))

Hoo dogies, I kill me...

Comment

When you are an antique dealer cswilson then its normal to assume you were speaking of an antique sale.As for having a pee brain...I'm not the one raising Herefords!

Comment

That would make ME the one with the pea brain!!!! Raising herefords I mean! Dontcha go stealin my identity Wilson now will ya.
                        I can't find a good Shorthorn anymore either. Not too many good herefords around for that matter. But all cattle are only as good as the guy (or girl) making them and even in all breeders defenses as a salesperson and marketer for what feels like millions of years (just can't bring myself to tell you how old I am!) buyers are flaky and fickle on a good day and always want what they don't have or can't get even if it ain't good for them (same with houses, everything it seems). I bend over backwards (don't take that the wrong way!) to give them what they want and they want it cheaper or change their mind or abuse the bejesus out of it and then make me guarantee it (again, same with the properties). Not picking on people, I take my job very seriously, but have my days of frustration trying to give people what they ask for when a lot of times THEY don't even know what they want.
                        Today they want a black hide. Tommorow they may just go back to whitefaces or roan bodies....
                        or houses, which is where everyone seems to be right now in Central Alberta...so like a good dog, that's what I give 'em right now.
                        Thank you for the humor all, and thanks Willow for the info that whitefaces have a teeny place in your heart...mine too!
                        Have a good day all and thanks for reading! Good luck with your sale Randy!

Comment

Willow-Kreek your a funny guy-now get out your crayons and go do some colouring. Colour a black cow then put a white face on her-notice how much better she just became for a commercial cow. Think hard it will slowly seep into that peabrain of yours. i'm not a purebred breeder of any breed.

Comment

Well cswilson..you are flogging a Hereford bull on the home page of your website so I think that does meke you a bit of an antique dealer.Glad to see you have other streams of income.Those Herefords are an expensive hobby!

Comment

Nothing like a hobby that pays the bills sunshine-good thick baldie cows are such a good old idea that they're new again. send a potload of steers up north and we'll feed them together-see how they measure up against my baldies. Put up or shut up pea brain.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.