• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hot implants

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hot implants

Coffee shop talk has guys a little worried about the newer trenbolone acetate implants causing dark cutters. I wont use any trade names, there is more than one manufacturer. I'm not talking about staggy heifers or riding in the pen. I'm talking about a good solid pen of fats showing up with dark cutters.

If this is the case,conventional wisdom says keep your implants going till slaughter or your gains go to hell at the end. Maybe let these new hotter implants run out a little before slaughter? Just a thought.

We had a few dark cutters this year at the district 4H steer show. I was going to find out at beef council whether they were implanted, and with what. 4H calves are generally kittens and rarely dark cutters, so this is unusual for our district. You always get a few knotheads, so it could be coincidence.

I haven't used these implants before but was considering it. Any experience out there?
  • Reply to this Thread
  • Return to Topic List
Working...