• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sask. oil and gas

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sask. oil and gas

I hear all the time that Sask. has as much if not more gas and oil than Alberta but it is the politics in Sask that stops developement.

What part of the political system there is stopping this?

Political question, Run away! Run away!

Love ‘em or hate ‘em, corporations, especially large ones are most effective way of getting the things done that most single individuals can’t afford to do (like extracting oil from gooey tar sands).

When you have an anti-corporation attitude, the hard things tend to not get done.

Comment

Why would the oil companys want to drill in sask where they are asking for more royalties than they are in Alta would be a better question.

Comment

don't think that Sask. has any reserves equivalent to the oilsands.

Comment

That was the question. I didn't know the royalties were that much higher.

From what I hear the oil sands don't just stop at the boarder they carry on into Sask. and maybe even have the potential of being a little higher value.

I definatly am not in the know or perfess to be. I was just trying to dicover the real reasons why oil companies aren't moving east. It seems that where there is activity it is very strong but further exploration seems slow.

Comment

Easy question --- easy answer!!!

Sask NDP government.

Regina and Saskatoon vote them in every time but next time around hopefully the Sask party will get in.

Time for a change!!!!!!

Comment

Last report by investment banking firm theirs more oil under Sask side of the oil sands than Alberta.
              Its the NDP that's the problem.
              They are making great strides finally to attract business etc. (royalties etc) but what worries big business is after a election will the NDP change attitude for next four years.
              Lets hope that Saskatoon and Regina have finally seen that its time to put this tired horse out to pasture. (and shoot it make into glue which is useful, or fertilizer)

Comment

Lots of things are to blame. Originally the great and wonderful Tommy Douglas told the oil companies that they weren't needed and the people of saskatchewan were quite able to develop their resources themselves. Well that cleared them out originally and they haven't ever come back the way they should have. Another and likely the main reason right now, is all the rules and regulations and red tape that they are required to put up with to do business. I talked to a driller that moved in from alberta here two years ago to drill a dozen holes. Ten miles from his first well site he was stopped by the rcmp and it took three days, with his whole crew and machinery tied up on the side of the road till the mess was all straightened out, needless to say hell will freeze over before he ever sets foot in saskatchewan again. Yes this dam governmemt os tpo blame!!!!!

Comment

A lot of the old wells on the western border between Sask. and AB are being worked over and brought back into production, many of them are on the Sask. side so some activity is taking place in Sask.

Comment

Go to SE Sask and it looks like Iran Oil wells all over the place and drilling vehicles. Down their last weekend surprised to see big difference in last year. Way more activity.

Comment

I hear estavan is the next Ft Mac and the oil shale runs over to and into manitoba but it is different to exploit than oil sands. Its all a matter of time and they will come.
                      They are drilling in venesuala where they have nationalized the oil industry twice now I think so you NDP haters had better get a better story than its the NDPs fault for everything.We in alta have gave most of our oil away but you in sask still have a resource and I hope you manage it better than alta did.

Comment

Horse the NDP has done nothing to help Saskatchewan at all. I have relatives in Alberta that think were doing it right and they hate what alberta's doing but their still living their vs saskatchewan so go figure. I guess its not that bad.

Comment

Adding to Saskfarmers post.
                          I know people from Sask. all over the world not just in Alb. or BC.
                          We are a resourse rich province, best kept tax resourse in the country.

Comment

Best kept natural resourse tax secret in the country

Comment

Time will tell but it seems possible that when the smoke clears Sask. will be proven to have managed their resources far better than Alberta.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...
                              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.