• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Check it Out!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Check it Out!!

well my website is finished so to speak-check it out let me know what you think.

http://braevallivestock.homestead.com/

Cory
    Have you website builder enter appropriate meta names (keyword, content) so that your site will eventually be easier to find on search engines.
    Here is what you have so far--
    <meta name="description" content="">
    <meta name="keywords" content="">
    <meta name="generator" content="Homestead SiteBuilder">

There is nothing in content (between the quotation marks) and nothing in keywords. The only thing they have entered is their own business name to promote themselves(Homestead SiteBuilder) or maybe this is the software they use to help buid the site.
    Usually it works best to include no more than 15 to 20 keywords or content words. Hope this helps

Comment

On the above post I pasted the meta tags as copied from the source and the forum code deleted the string because of the included tags. It should have read something like
      meta name="description" content=""
      meta name="keywords" content=""
      meta name="generator" content="Homestead SiteBuilder"
      The description words and keywords are inserted between the quotation marks.

Comment

Really nice site Mr. Wilson.

Hay how's that Rimbey Rodeo Stock raiser doing up there in Gods Country.

Comment

Crossfield beef-I'll get her to read your post because it's Greek to me what you just said lol. Your Rimbey buddy is three hours east of God's country lol-he's doing great as far as I know.

Comment

cs, Good website - like you I don't really understand the techno stuff but we write and maintain our own site using pre-made templates. We use freehomepage.com It's not free but we reckon for under $200 a year all in it is a good deal. I see many farm/ranch websites that cost $4000 upwards to set up, plus several hundred $ a year that look poorer than mine. I don't buy into the info crossfieldbeef was giving - he seems to know what he is talking about in technical terms but I don't think it is necessary. Put "grassfed beef Alberta" into a Google search and we come up no 1 on the list without having any knowledge of "meta tags" or paying someone to boost our ratings. Expect to get emails and phone calls from people offering(for a price) to boost your hit count by putting in the right meta tags etc - I haven't found it necessary. Also it's real easy to boost your hit numbers but are they people who might become customers or are they just numbers?

One minor point on your breeding cattle page - "Functionable" isn't a word I think you're looking for "functional"

Say hello to the Rimbey man (guessing it's the same one - the one with the BAD brands?)if you see him - he lived right next door to me here, I bought his Dad's place.

Comment

I'll blame the spelling on my designer lol. Functionable cattle are just functional to the nth degree lol. I got her to read that post and she said mine would be alright. Glad you folksd like it-ty already had antler buyers calling at least lol.

Comment

I thought your site was good. You seem to have a clear approach to marketing. You have clear well defined product/service lines.

Just a suggestion but you might consider putting your contact information on each page. On dialup it takes a little while to load each page and a potential customer might not take the time to go back to your home page. On the other hand making it take a minute to go back to your contact information could weed out people who were not serious. With websites it is a little easier to use trial and error to find out what works.

Got me thinking about AI for this summer. I was considering breaking open the cheque book for some bulls but AI might be the way to go.

Comment

farmers_son give me a call and let me know what your thinking. Thanks for the advice on the contact information.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...
                  X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
                  You agree to our and by clicking I agree.