• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet more unabashed self promotion!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet more unabashed self promotion!!

Well not so much self promotion as breed promotion. The annual spring sale of Luings in Scotland last week set new records - bred heifers averaged Cdn$4316, open heifers $3700 and bulls $17,417. This is by far the highest bull sale average for any breed in the UK to date. The main Perth Angus bull sale the week earlier saw them set a new record average of $9585. All the more remarkable because the Luing breed does not allow competitive showing and has always stuck to it's roots of being a commercial cow breed.

I wonder what the Hereford average was?

Comment

It's O.K. Ricky if you spent all your free cash propping up R-Calf I can get you some financing to cover some hereford semen. Need a credit application my ill tempered little buddy.That 300,000 bucks your head honchos walked off with must sting a bit. I'm sure that's why your in a grumpy mood lol.

Comment

Can't find any Hereford sale prices too handy but I know the last Saler sale averaged $5486, quite a bit behind eh?

Comment

Does the old saying "the British are coming", ring through your head these days grassfarmer. And I mean the traditional British and not the Oxen chasers.

Comment

Yer hilarious Willow! I mean that, I actually laughed!
            I probably don't need to spout off the numbers but Latimers out of Olds, AB do quite well thank you with their "whitefaced" cattle. Several way over the 100K mark for part interests. And always to Americans at that! So what's the deal Willow? Some Americans know something you don't with these herefords, or are you one of those "Bubbles" Newfie Americans, you know, taking up space but otherwise not really all there? Lucky guy! That's the way I want to be and hopefully not too far before I get there! No responsibility...
            Live in a Lighthouse in New Brunswick, no phone to drive me (more) nuts, seagulls flying over my head, view of the ocean, peaceful, no stairs to the top...
            Just like I feel now!!!!
            Howz at sound Willow! You in!! Or already there?
            Have a good day all! Enjoy the warm weather!

Comment

If thats a proposition Whiteface then ..yes I'm in.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...
              X

This website uses tracking tools, including cookies. We use these technologies for a variety of reasons, including to recognize new and past website users, to customize your experience, perform analytics and deliver personalized advertising on our sites, apps and newsletters and across the Internet based on your interests.
              You agree to our and by clicking I agree.